• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 promotional machinima idea-sharing thingy

can you not.jpg

I hate having a server full of "how to m1necraft plox"

Alright, negative assholes, let's hear your supposedly better ideas.
Nobody here was being mean and no need for the attitude. It's just we don't like promoting Team9000 as we simply let people find us. And promoting in this fashion will bring in a cluster of people probably under the age to even be here or on our server and too immature to have mental capacity to follow the guide lines of the forums and or will just spam us with stupid questions or spam in general.

And it's not that we are suggesting any better ideas, it's just that we don't want this.

Alright, negative assholes, let's hear your supposedly better ideas.

I think that the best way to promote us is Word of Mouth. That will increase the number of users on our servers without having the issue of:
bringing in a cluster of people probably under the age to even be here or on our server and too immature to have mental capacity to follow the guide lines of the forums and or will just spam us with stupid questions or spam in general.

Alright, I have officially eaten my foot. You make a very good point, rsmv, that the others didn't seem to get across as clearly as you did. I don't think promotion should be the only reason to do this, I just think it would be fun if we did things like this.

Alright, I have officially eaten my foot. You make a very good point, rsmv, that the others didn't seem to get across as clearly as you did. I don't think promotion should be the only reason to do this, I just think it would be fun if we did things like this.
I think we should bring in new players. It does bring up some more excitement when you hop into mumble and see a few new names.

However, we should NOT bring them from Minecraft. Most mature people who own Minecraft do not play it anymore plainly due to the fact that it gets old fairly quick. I mean think about it, pretty much EVERY active Minecraft player is under 18 years old. We do not want a bunch of kiddies running around playing Minecraft when we are not a Minecraft community, we are a GAMING community.

Now I know you do not have to be 18 to be mature, but 18+ is a good age group to stick to when making a community such as this one. Also keep in mind, Wooty isn't a poor man. If he REALLY wanted advertising, we'd have advertising.

Now this ultimately brings up the question; "Then how do we get new players?"
Plain and simple, tell your buddies who like to game. Just show them the website or maybe talk to them about what we do. If they want to join, great! If they don't that is fine as well. For as long as I have known, Team9000 has not strived for large numbers, but rather a smaller player count where everyone is happy and content.

I think we should bring in new players. It does bring up some more excitement when you hop into mumble and see a few new names.

However, we should NOT bring them from Minecraft. Most mature people who own Minecraft do not play it anymore plainly due to the fact that it gets old fairly quick. I mean think about it, pretty much EVERY active Minecraft player is under 18 years old. We do not want a bunch of kiddies running around playing Minecraft when we are not a Minecraft community, we are a GAMING community.

Now I know you do not have to be 18 to be mature, but 18+ is a good age group to stick to when making a community such as this one. Also keep in mind, Wooty isn't a poor man. If he REALLY wanted advertising, we'd have advertising.

Now this ultimately brings up the question; "Then how do we get new players?"
Plain and simple, tell your buddies who like to game. Just show them the website or maybe talk to them about what we do. If they want to join, great! If they don't that is fine as well. For as long as I have known, Team9000 has not strived for large numbers, but rather a smaller player count where everyone is happy and content.
Sometimes I wish T9K would extend to the Xbox 360 :(
I have like no games on Steam and the computer ;(

Sometimes I wish T9K would extend to the Xbox 360 :(
I have like no games on Steam and the computer ;(
We have a few console Team9000 players! You just gotta find them. Now I mean the majority are PC because we are a PC community but there are still a few players who own both console and PC. (Also nice Casshern Sins avatar)

Back