Team9000's SC Fleet

Casey

Well, since this was requested, here it is. This is the fleet thread for the ships that people in Team9000 have in regards to Star Citizen (and just the people that have responded, this does not apply to everyone in Team9000 with a ship).

If you want to let people know about your ship, just reply here or shoot me a PM and I will update this main post. Post any questions below and if you want any additional statistics, let me know.

Fleet (8/19/2015):

1x MISC Hull D
1x Aegis Retaliator
4x RSI Constellation w/ Merlin
2x MISC Freelancer
1x Drake Cutlass
1x Cutlass Black
1x Drake Cutlass Blue
2x Aegis Avenger
1x Anvil Superhornet
1x Anvil Hornet Ghost
1x Origin 350r Racer
2x Origin 325a
1x Origin 300i
1x Khartu-al
3x RSI Aurora
1x P-52 Merlin

This post will change as more people chime in, but this is it for now. Hope this is in terms of what people were looking for, and hopefully this will help people make decisions on their first/next ship purchase.

Last edited:
hopefully whenever the gladiators go on sale again I will acquire one, or I might get the mustang because it looks awesome. awesome list so far casey!

IS IT ACTUALLY OUT YET, DOES IT SUPPORT MULTIMONITOR AND DOES IT SUPPORT FLIGHT STICKS?
Actually, the DFM is suppose to come out shortly after PAX, and they are premiering it at a special event for backers. So if you back, you'll get hands on the dog fighting module before anyone else.

This game looks like it will be awesome, but for now I really want them to give me some keymapping and sensitivity options. Piloting feels very twitchy as it stands now and I want to use this little thumbstick for strafing. XD

Anyone else bothered by the controls?

The controls are a little off for me too, but they said they plan to have key mapping out in version .9 or 1.0 at the latest. Their focus at the moment is getting multi-player spun up and working for everyone though so I figure it will be about a month or two before we see something like that. Maybe, although this last update surprised me so hopefully we will see it sooner.

Anyone else bothered by the controls?
u just cant handle the REAAALLISM maaaaan.

But no what you're probably bothered by is Star Citizen going above and beyond with realism with the controls. Considering everything in terms of movement is displayed and controlled so realistically that the jets on the ship display exactly what would actually be conveyed if jets on a spaceship in space were like this. And with this comes a minor delay between your reaction, to the jets reacting correctly, to the ship applying to physics and then moves you where you want to go, causing a delay.

Basically the games so real, the delay affects what you are naturally used it in a space/any game which is instant reaction time and instant response cause no game developer would go for this level of realism for the sake of something that others see as a problem is actually a feature and a extremely immersing realistic feature.

u just cant handle the REAAALLISM maaaaan.

But no what you're probably bothered by is Star Citizen going above and beyond with realism with the controls. Considering everything in terms of movement is displayed and controlled so realistically that the jets on the ship display exactly what would actually be conveyed if jets on a spaceship in space were like this. And with this comes a minor delay between your reaction, to the jets reacting correctly, to the ship applying to physics and then moves you where you want to go, causing a delay.

Basically the games so real, the delay affects what you are naturally used it in a space/any game which is instant reaction time and instant response cause no game developer would go for this level of realism for the sake of something that others see as a problem is actually a feature and a extremely immersing realistic feature.
Chills bro, I am most pleased with the realism. Like how I can "decouple" and fly like a rocket ship, rather than the normal biplanes-in-space that most games run with. The delay doesn't bother me, gotta give some time to accelerate. However, a quick twist of the stick turning me 25ish degrees is annoying. Half that sounds much better, same for pitch and roll. If only there were a small slider bar that one could adjust...

Chills bro, I am most pleased with the realism. Like how I can "decouple" and fly like a rocket ship, rather than the normal biplanes-in-space that most games run with. The delay doesn't bother me, gotta give some time to accelerate. However, a quick twist of the stick turning me 25ish degrees is annoying. Half that sounds much better, same for pitch and roll. If only there were a small slider bar that one could adjust...
Yes, I agree. Any subtle movement I made flung me around like a motherfucker.

Ok, so first off rsmv (and patchy), the latest patch updated the controls for the mouse and the deadzone for a mouse is much smaller now, which means that it doesn't take much movement to send your ship turning in a direction. Best idea to counter this is to try and keep your mouse as close to the center of the screen as you can and line your ship up with what you're trying to shoot (kind of like joystick users have to do). They're still constantly going over the controls so expect it to change until they hit a pretty decent medium with the community.

Mini, just hit caps lock to switch to decouple mode. Be aware that you lose access to rolling when you do, however you will have access to moving your ship around in a constant vector and velocity. I.e. 180 degree turn while moving in a single direction.

Ok, so first off rsmv (and patchy), the latest patch updated the controls for the mouse and the deadzone for a mouse is much smaller now, which means that it doesn't take much movement to send your ship turning in a direction. Best idea to counter this is to try and keep your mouse as close to the center of the screen as you can and line your ship up with what you're trying to shoot (kind of like joystick users have to do). They're still constantly going over the controls so expect it to change until they hit a pretty decent medium with the community.

Mini, just hit caps lock to switch to decouple mode. Be aware that you lose access to rolling when you do, however you will have access to moving your ship around in a constant vector and velocity. I.e. 180 degree turn while moving in a single direction.
Aye, I hit caps lock almost every time I hear shots hitting my stern shields and flip around to return fire. I love it. :laugh:

This thread has been updated to better reflect my poor financial decisions. Actually I melted four of my ships so I only paid $5 for the reclaimer. This is tentative, as if the Hull C is not too overpriced, I will be melting my Reclaimer for it as it is a HUGE ship and holds around 8 times more cargo than a Constellation which would be perfect for ETC. That is also a 5 person ship but it has about 100 meters on the reclaimer (just a few meters shorter than the Idris as of now. We will see how the stats change during the concept phase).

Back