• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Teams and team battles in survival multiplayer

Actually, I like the idea of having a regular survival game, but you have a Bandit faction which is not allowed to build except in very small areas (Enough to hide from mobs and knights). Then you have the knights, which also can't build but have very high health and movement speed. Essentially, the bandits have to steal from the cities in order to survive.
sounds risky

the big problem with pvp in minecraft is it does not have any rules the game can enforce on bandits and other pvpers, id rather we had fractions that just attacked each other rather than bandits that would do it just for the loot. Useless fighting is more fun than looting!
For pvp it can always be set that when you die from the hand of another player you loose only one item/stack from a random slot. The other stuff is given back upon revival. That way you can potentially lose your diamonds to your enemy, but hey at least its not everything. Maybe 2 slots.

the big problem with pvp in minecraft is it does not have any rules the game can enforce on bandits and other pvpers, id rather we had fractions that just attacked each other rather than bandits that would do it just for the loot. Useless fighting is more fun than looting!
For pvp it can always be set that when you die from the hand of another player you loose only one item/stack from a random slot. The other stuff is given back upon revival. That way you can potentially lose your diamonds to your enemy, but hey at least its not everything. Maybe 2 slots.
useless fraction fighting sounds risky. even if you tried to multiply one fraction by another to get more fractions, you would end up with less than before.

useless fraction fighting sounds risky. even if you tried to multiply one fraction by another to get more fractions, you would end up with less than before.
I believe that Bandits are actually improper fractions though, so it would probably be okay.

Actually, I like the idea of having a regular survival game, but you have a Bandit faction which is not allowed to build except in very small areas (Enough to hide from mobs and knights). Then you have the knights, which also can't build but have very high health and movement speed. Essentially, the bandits have to steal from the cities in order to survive.

Your thinking along the lines of stats.
These are just names of factions. (like red team and blue team)
plus, build in faction based combat is more angled towards fortifications not creativity.
(although you could be creative about it.)
Bandits don't have to steal to aquire items, but it is encuraged.
They can mine and forge items like everyone else.
Same for the knights.(minus the stealing)

I think the "Fractions" joke has gone far enough.
Can get back on topic now.
yes, the bandit faction can steal the items dropped by people they kill.
(do they have to do this all the time, NO)
And The Knight Faction can kill the bandits and take the items they stole for them selves, or return them
to their right ful owner. (unless the rightful owner is a bandit.)
A person who wants their stolen items back must ID the person who stole the items from them,
And enlist a knight to get it back, or just go out and get it back them selves.
BUT, like I stated before, this is just a clever naming scheme for a pvp system that is escentually
RED vs BLUE.

Back