• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Thank you, based flu shot clinic

Quincykins

Quincykins coming to you again, live, from his desktop. It all started this Wednesday, when I was at the clinic where I get my allergy shots every 2-3 weeks. I am very allergic to pets, trees and grasses, to the point where it triggers my asthma and it all goes downhill from there. These shots have greatly improved my resistance to allergens, but that is simply beside the point. No, this Wednesday, my mother and I decided that I should receive my flu shot at the same time I get my allergy shots. I mean, what could possibly be better than getting THREE shots instead of TWO?! I instantly hopped on the "three shot" bandwagon and filled out all the necessary paperwork (I can do important, adult things like filling out paperwork because I am 18). The flu shot barely even hurt, what hurt more was pulling off the band-aid many hours later. I went on to play 3 hours of tennis that day, no problem, and 5 hours the next day. Thursday night, after all that tennis, I began to notice that my arm was feeling rather warm and was beginning to look red. Then, this morning, upon lifting my right arm to put on my shirt, the lymph nodes in my armpit area smarted more than a little. I instantly recognized this to be a sign of infection, due to a bad Staph infection I suffered earlier this year. Now, here I am, typing out my latest blog moments before I head to the doctor's office where I may receive YET ANOTHER shot (this time in the rear (how do I know this? I got one last time)). Then I will most likely be put on antibiotics and ordered to stay out of the sun for a week. Right before I leave for college visits. How am I supposed to tour a campus when the sun has been named "Public Enemy #1"? At least the doctor won't order me to stay away from my blog, I hope x3

P.S. THANK YOU, BASED FLU SHOT CLINIC

.... :( I feel.....So bad for you....My first instinct would be to bake you something, but I wouldn't know if you would be allergic to it or not. I'm so confused!

Man that SUCKS. My brother has allergies and he always tells me how annoying it is to have it. I hope you get better. :D
BTW I don't trust getting shots... (I hate needles) so I just let my immune system to take care of it

I fainted and was out cold for 5 minutes after I got the flu jab last year. All I remember was getting up out of the chair and going to say something then waking up and feeling like a bus ran over me and then a steamroller came in to finish the job off.

Shots are overrated. In Australia, we just pull a croc outta the billabong, pull out one of his teeth, smear Vegemite on the end and then stab it into our oversized pectoral muscles.

Back