The Classical Music Thread

mcfar45

One Genre of music that is often overlooked is classical Music, which is some of the most beautiful and emotional music genres.

Post your fave Classical Music pieces here!

I am reviving this thread because I love classical music!

Here is an simply amazing performance of Verdi's Requiem!

note: The first 9 minutes are talking...so I cut to the start of the music!

And now have Mahler's 1st Symphony played by the incredible Vienna Philharmonic ORchestra conducted by Leonard Berstein!

And yes, this is in the Musikverein which is one of the most amazing places in the classical music world, especially for acoustics.

Here's a recording of my parents playing some good ol' Schubert. My mom's playing the cello and my dad is playing the violin.

So y' dad's Rudolf Werthen and y' mum's France Springuel.
Hmm.
If you translated that into Sydney nicknames, I'd call you
Werthey

Ah I've been wanting to post in this thread for a while. The Rachmaninoff one is prolly my favorite, also Bochelli honestly does not do Ave Maria justice, actually I never really liked his singing much, he needs to project his voice more (or maybe it's just that he is singing outside).
Here's a recording of my parents playing some good ol' Schubert. My mom's playing the cello and my dad is playing the violin.

She is supah pretty, you look a lot like her too. Also any ideas how much their instruments cost? One of our family friends are also a wife husband duet, she plays the piano and he the violin. He told me he trades in the violin he uses to get a better one, and has worked up to a $40,000 one so far. I'm guessing a cello would be even more expensive.
I listened through the entire Moonlight Sonata when I was feeling incredibly depressed during Eighth Grade. Empowering stuff.
That is my mother's favorite song to play on the keyboard, I've heard it so many times.

Anyway here are some of my favorites.

Eastern Classical
Anoushka Shankar - Your Eyes (Sitar Solo)
One of the most boss ass sitar solos ever, the tabla player is also very good.
I love 2:20-4:25, the tabla solo then she starts playing really fucking fast.
I am very fond of Indian Classical, it is very peaceful and unique to me. I find doing all sorts of work under this music is a lot easier.
"To The River" - Djivan Gasparyan and Michael Brook
Let me play you a song of my people (literally). I was born in Armenia and the duduk is a very personal instrument for me. I haven't been back in 12 years and the sound of the duduk is really the only thing that makes me have nostalgic feelings for my country. It also sounds very mournful and sad, I dunno, just makes me feel really connected to the culture I feel I have left behind a bit. (and yes the dude is singing in Armenian)
(here is another song from that album that I really like as well http://goo.gl/mcGaw)
Western Classical
Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto 1 - B Flat Minor
Can't get enough of that explosive beginning
Ninth Symphony, Fourth Movement Abridged B
This song will be familiar if you have seen "A Clockwork Orange", worked really well in the film and it is just so catchy to me.
Maurice Ravel - Bolero
The progression in this song is just awesome, mad props to drummers who can play this song.
Mozart fanboy mode
W. A. Mozart - Die Entfuhrung Aus Dem Serail Ein Deutsches Krie
So energetic, can't get enough of it
W. A. Mozart - Piano Concerto In D Minor, K 466; 2nd Movement
Me gusta, I absolve you !
W. A. Mozart - Serenade For Winds; K 361; 3rd Movement

Bumping this thread to post Bolero!!!!

Come on guys, there has to be more people who like classical music or who want to discover it...

Reviving this thread because I still think classical music deserves more attention!

Here is Solveig's Song by Edvard Grieg sung by the amazing Anna Netrebko!

Back