The Classical Music Thread

While I don't listen to classical music very often I will controbute the very minimal amount of classical music I have on my music playlist, I only wish to do songs from my playlist so I actually have some idea what I'm talking about.

Pow, Tchaikovsky's - "Waltz of the Flowers" It's only on my music playlist because, well. Someone could take a guess.

Also, how does one pronounce his name properly. Thaikoffski, Tshkofski, Vodka? I've always been at a guess.

His name is pronounced "Chai-kov-ski"

Anyway....have some more of his awesome work!

Tchaikovsky - Serenade for Strings

Also....if I could find a video of Wagner's Ring Cycle in full I would Post it here.

For those who do not know, the Ring Cycle is a 15 hour epic consisting of 4 interconnected Operas which is often played in full by orchestras and opera companies throughout the world and attracts huge audiences who pay money to listen to the whole 15 hours! A recording of it, done by the Metropolitan Opera, will be shown in cinemas for Wagners 200th birthday next year and the Australian Opera is going to be holding a festival for it in Melbourne which I hope to attend!

Reviving this thread with something that is not strictly "Classical music" but it is worth a listen.

Nicole Scherzinger can sing and she deserves all the praise for this. Absolutely stunning voice.

Back