• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Internet is a Strange Place

Wooty

Staff member
I was planning on writing this first real post on R&C: A Crack in Time, or perhaps the huge T-Mobile outage that left tons of customers without cell service yesterday, but a recent turn of events left me thinking --- the internet is really weird. Here's a list of five things I've seen on the internet in just the past week that you may find strange:

5. Amazon Hoaxes

<This image was lost in the great internet fire of 4/27/2010>

Who knew that you could buy a Badonkadonk Land Cruiser on Amazon? Not me. And that's not the only thing. Maybe you would be interested in a $40,000 Relaxation Capsule, or perhaps some Uranium Ore?

4. Bathtime in Clerkenwell

I don't believe that this video requires any explanation.

3. Mermaid Girl

This girl was born with a single combined leg. Although it is extraordinarily freaky, she seems to have lived a relatively normal life. Unfortunately, she passed away this past week. RIP.

2. This incredibly awesome, epic music video

Due to technical limitations, I couldn't get the video to embed. You can find the video here.

1. 4chan.org

Of course, 4chan takes the cake on the scale of weirdness. For those of you who are unfamiliar with 4chan --- don't look into it. It may seem cool at first - after all, it was the original home of LOLcats. But aside from that, it's offensive to pretty much everyone and it certainly is NOT WORK SAFE. Let's just say... sexual organs are finding their ways into situations they should never be in.

And yes, this list is compiled from only a single week of casual internet surfing. If I needed to, I probably could have compiled a list of equal weirdness from just today's browsing. I wonder how weird the net will be ten years from now...

4chan is like the Rapture of internet culture - a place where the witty and clever are not bound by petty morality, but eventually its flaws are exposed and outweigh any benefits, resulting in a desolate landscape riddled with ruins, violence, deformity, potato chips, and audio logs of how the whole thing went ka-shit.

And then years later someone will hopefully come back and rescue the Little Sisters.

Back