• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Lonely

Cathykiddo

Every night, she heard him.

His whispery chuckle and soothing words filled her ears.

Yet the voice comforted her. It brought hope for a broken past. She felt safe, joyful, cared for even. The usual mixed feelings of love.

Such pleasantness.

It was then all her worries of the day snuck out and escaped into the night. When he left, the slippery goodbyes are what brought them back.

That was when The Lonely sealed her doom.

Because I associate all the worries of the day slipping back into my mind with bad/sadness. I dunno, might just be me.

@Hawke Obviously you didn't notice that she showed the poem to me first before she posted it, explaining what she meant

Meh, the part where the narrator's worries come back still strikes me as negative. Maybe I'm just losing at the reading game, and perhaps "he" is still there and the return of the narrator's worries has yet to come?

Well when I see the words "Lonely" and "Doom" in the same sentence it really doesn't strike me as a happy story. :s

Back