The Nintendo Thread

littlespedve

Discuss anything Nintendo related, old and new.

Want to boast your N64 collection? This is the place to go. Want to talk about the Wii U? Right here. Want to write a 5 page emotional blog about you getting your first SNES game? Do it here. Create a blog. Want to share your hatred for a certain Nintendo product? (*Cough* Virtual Boy *cough* *cough*) You guessed it.

The only reason I'm getting the Wii U is for Pikmin 3. <3
But anyways N64 collection
[collapse]
Star Wars Racer
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Gex 64
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Yoshi Story
Mario Tennis
Mischief Makers[/collapse]
Plus the N64 still works.
i'm gonna go play some of those games now...

Perhaps a quote from the man himself will suit this thread
The Truth.jpg

Fun fact, the original Japanese Pokemon Red and Green spent 6 years in development. Look at their legacy.

My wicked, and super awesome N64 collection:

-Zelda Ocarina of Time (Gold ver. 1.0)
-Zelda Majoras Mask (Gold Holographic)
-Super Mario 64
-Mario Golf
-Mario Tennis
-Mario Party 2
-Mario Party 3
-Paper Mario
-Mario Kart 64
-Super Smash Bros.
-Dr. Mario
-007 Goldeneye
-007 The World is not Enough
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Donkey Kong 64
-Duke Nukem 64
-Duke Nukem Zero Hour
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Banjo-Tooie
-Pokemon Snap
-Hey You Pikachu!
-Waverace 64
-Pilotwings 64
-Conkers Bad Fur Day
-Starfox 64
-Yoshi's Story
-Gex 64
-Kirby 64
-Perfect Dark
-Superman 64
-Mickey's Speedway USA

I also have an N64 with the expansion pack, 4 controllers (grey), and a Gameshark.I spent a while gathering everything up. Worth it.
The only games I can really think of that I don't have are Harvest Moon 64, Mario Party 1, and F-ZERO GX.
The N64 is probably my favourite Nintendo system, but the SNES comes very close.

Fun fact: The voice actors for Wolf on Star Fox 64 and Star Fox: Assault are the same voice actors for the Soldier and Engineer in TF2, respectively.

Pfft, N64.

Anyone who is anybody knows that the real Nintendo machine is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

220px-DK_Country_2.jpg

250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

kirby1.jpg

250px-Smetroidbox.jpg

The-Legend-of-Zelda-A-Link-to-the-Past.jpg

Help! Help! I'm being attacked by nostalgia!

I have a deck of Hanafuda cards. They're pretty nifty. And I disagree with your statement Jiga, the SNES is obviously the most important system in Nintendo's history. Think of all the series that were kick started because of it. Donkey Kong Country, Starfox, F-ZERO, and a bunch more. They were all just continued on the N64 and so on.

To express my love for Super Mario world, I recovered this old video
Sung by BrentalFloss, If you don't know him I'd suggest checking him out.

I enjoyed Legend of Zelda: a Link to the past sooo much. i have it for the GBA. i still play it every now and then. the same for Yoshi's island. That was my first handheld game. The Gba was my first handheld. still have it. good times. :3

I am a huge fan of the entire Zelda franchise. I own every single game except for Oracle of Ages. My least favorite is Spirit Tracks. Mario was good up until the massive amount of milking (All the freaking sports games and Mario Parties, although Mario Party is fun, it's still pretty cheap). I'm pretty disappointed with Nintendo, they make a console, release a bunch of cheap-o crappy games for them, with a few jewels mixed in, and then hold off working on the system they already have OUT, and start another one that is most likely going to flop/be the same (Here's looking at you, Wii U). But, on the other hand, don't take my last sentence as disdain for the Wii U, I really want to try it out.

My favorites in my collection are
Starfox 64
Castlevania (original, rage inducing, terrible looking, but super fun.)
Donkey Kong Country (Hated the sequels)
Donkiey Kong 64 (Except that one)
Zelda
Most mario, The marios on Gamecube were largely unenjoyable, but I like Mario Galaxy, it's different, and I like the new Super Mario bros for wii
YOSHI'S ISLAND
Edit: Breath of Fire I and II, megaman, and all the Metroids I've played

Back