• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Team9000 Tagging Browser Extension!

mikeymagic

Have you always wished that you could replace Conrods' name with 'Chavrod' Forum-wide?

Well luckily for you; I've built a chrome/firefox extension that lets you do this super easily!

Introducing, TagTeam9000 :)

Download | link to ze github

Installation

Chrome:

• Click on the little spanner/wrench next to the address bar and go down to tools -> extensions.
  • Drag the tagteam9000.crx file you downloaded into the window, click allow and it should install fine :)
    Firefox:

• Open with firefox as a standard add-on, should work fine.

Safari:

• No clue, who uses safari?

Instructions

1. Navigate to some users profile who you want to tag (i.e conrod)

Wfth

2. Click on the little 'tag' button next to the follow/ignore buttons. (this will only show up after the page loads)

Wftt

3.Type in the the new name you want to appear, and voila! :)

WftJ

Troubleshooting

- If you find any places where the tag doesn't overwrite then tell me so i can update it ^_-

Just a couple notes:

1. You don't need to pack jquery with all your t9k.net extensions. The site already has it loaded on every page.
2. Don't pack the .git folder with your releases. That folder is huge and useless for end users.
3. Your extension is not injection safe. This isn't a huge problem because you don't accept any input from the URL, but things can mess up if people put brackets in their tags.
4. Releasing extensions on the extension stores is a nice thing to do. Mediafire is not an extension store.
5. I do not endorse this officially.

Nice extension mikeymagic. I might just take Patchouli's advice and rename everyone whose names have unacceptable grammar.
Or, I could always go a step further and rename every active member of Team 9000.x3

Back