The test of tone-deafness.

Darth_Purrface

This site leads to a test of how much your musical skill is.

Apparently I got 86.1% of it correct.

Capture.PNG

Anyway, try checking the site out. To see how good you are in the glorious art of music.

Tonedeaftest.PNG

Apparently I am quite good even though I am completely exhausted and feel like I want to crash into sleep.

There's a different between testing for tone deafness and having to memorize exact note patterns.
I was thinking the same thing when I did it but I guess there is an element of it that would make it more difficult for tone deaf people.

This site leads to a test of how much your musical skill is.

Apparently I got 86.1% of it correct.

View attachment 138292

Anyway, try checking the site out. To see how good you are in the glorious art of music.

This test has nothing to do with musical skill or anything musical at all really. It tests for "overall pitch perception ability" which either comes naturally to people or not. Some of the finest musicians would probably struggle with this. This is not something that can be learned like how to play an instrument or sight read, but I am sure with practice you could get a bit better, though it would just be memorization of the test. Even if you took variations of this test every day where each is different, your average score probably would not change very much. Being able to do this has relatively little correlation to musical talent or being good at other musical activities. The test has more to do with medical reasons than musical reasons.

How to test someone for tone deafness: Ask them to sing 'twinkle twinkle little star'. If the tune sounds like the National Anthem of USSR, there's something wrong.

Always nice to confirm I am musically challanged. Didnt now what I was doing for the first 15. None the less got a shit score sub 60

Apparently I made three mistakes.

asdf.jpg

Also I don't think replaying the phrases makes any difference. I checked the ones I made mistakes on and even though the answer key says that they're the same they still sound different to me.
Number 33

Back