The ultimate T9k cooking thread.

I made pan fried tilapia today..
eJLdPJa.jpg

I served it with brown rice and brussels sprouts (because healthy :D)
dAt7aoh.jpg

Those brussel sprouts look steamed or boiled...you should take them...halve them cut out the root toss them in herbed olive oil w/ garlic and a bit of minced onion, let them sit for 10 min mixing occasionally then roast them in a 400 degree oven until done to your liking.

Edit: Also a bit of salt and pepper...because if you don't use a bit you're missing out on a lot.

Those brussel sprouts look steamed or boiled...you should take them...halve them cut out the root toss them in herbed olive oil w/ garlic and a bit of minced onion, let them sit for 10 min mixing occasionally then roast them in a 400 degree oven until done to your liking.

Edit: Also a bit of salt and pepper...because if you don't use a bit you're missing out on a lot.
They were steamed.. I did salt them though. Also the fish was already cooked in olive oil so i did not want to use anymore for anything else. But i will have to try that someday.

Sounds amazing....But I will always in the end, drown mine in Apple Cider Vinegar....Because I'm weird. XD

I took a one semester of cooking class, what I got out of it was that "everything gives you cancer" and "my teacher goes home everyday and for dinner eats; whole grain rice she grew herself, and water she filtered 40 times."

I took a one semester of cooking class, what I got out of it was that "everything gives you cancer" and "my teacher goes home everyday and for dinner eats; whole grain rice she grew herself, and water she filtered 40 times."
the everything gives you cancer sounds like my teacher

Thread Revival!
View attachment 143077

So, I attempted to make an omlette...

Yeah.

No...

But it tasted good!

I beat the eggs, added Cayenne pepper, tossed it in the skillet, then put Jalapenos inside.

Spicy omlette.
Points for trying, and topping the toast with part of the omelette for extra yum factor. :3 And as long as it tasted good, it was a success. :thumbsup:

/revives casually

I made Pork 'n' Bean bites tonight.

0605142208.jpg

(Excuse the image quality. I don't has camera, just a phone.)

Beans on the side are the exrta beans I had left over.

The whole meal consisted of: 1 can of beans (Pinto, in this case), 2 small pork chops (Cut into small cubes), an 1/8 of a block of cheddar cheese (Again, small cubes), 1 can of american biscuits (having to specify to avoid confusion here. Someone in those other countries, wtf is your equivalent to our biscuits?), 1 egg for eggwash, and seasonings.

And the inside for those who were curious.

0605142209.jpg

Again, excuse the quality.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add: This makes 8 of them.

Time for another thread revival!

Bored's Skillet Breakfast

Pretty much a random assortment of ingredients thrown into a pan that turned out amazingly good!
LcVh5X5.jpg

Hreviving with a thing my mother and I collaborated on:

I present to you... Sesame Tofu.

This is deep fried tofu and steamed broccoli over a bed of rice with a sauce comprised of brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger root, and other things. If it looks delicious, that's because it was. I ate the thing in like 5 minutes. It was so good.

This could quite easily be considered vegan, since it contains no animal derivatives. (Tofu is made from bean curd.) If you wish to try out this awesome and tasty meal, you can can check it out here.

Reviving with a Christmas meal I just enjoyed with my family!

J3vtDXo.jpg

First off, we had a main dish consisting of:
1) Grilled gluten steaks seasoned with oregano and other spices
2) Mashed potatoes
3) Peas and carrots
All made by my mother and all of which turned out AMAZING.

Rc34EjS.jpg

We had some Barbeque Sauce made by yours truly. Was freaking delicious.

vd7l7dt.jpg

And some sponge cake with lemon glaze for dessert!

C5Ut9wg.jpg

Served with tea.

I'm gonna go steal another piece of that lemon cake now.

Reviving with a Christmas meal I just enjoyed with my family!

J3vtDXo.jpg

First off, we had a main dish consisting of:
1) Grilled gluten steaks seasoned with oregano and other spices
2) Mashed potatoes
3) Peas and carrots
All made by my mother and all of which turned out AMAZING.

Rc34EjS.jpg

We had some Barbeque Sauce made by yours truly. Was freaking delicious.

vd7l7dt.jpg

And some sponge cake with lemon glaze for dessert!

C5Ut9wg.jpg

Served with tea.

I'm gonna go steal another piece of that lemon cake now.
What on Earth is a gluten steak? Are you implying there is a such thing as gluten free steak? Isn't gluten something involving wheat?
Are you sure it's not just another marketing ploy to make you think it is super gluten laden or something silly like that?

Dear God, please remind me never to eat at Taco's house. I thoroughly enjoy eating the flesh of animals.

Do you eat gluten tacos? :confused:
Not only do I enjoy meaty goodness, but I'm allergic to gluten! Have fun without me, Taco!

What on Earth is a gluten steak? Are you implying there is a such thing as gluten free steak? Isn't gluten something involving wheat?
Are you sure it's not just another marketing ploy to make you think it is super gluten laden or something silly like that?

Dear God, please remind me never to eat at Taco's house. I thoroughly enjoy eating the flesh of animals.

Do you eat gluten tacos? :confused:
I'm Vegetarian, so I try to look for meat alternatives to spice up my meals. Wheat gluten, also called seitan, is fake meat made from the main protein of meat, gluten. It is made by washing wheat flour dough with water until all the starch granules have been removed, leaving the sticky insoluble gluten as an elastic mass which is then cooked before being eaten. [1] Some people say it tastes like Duck.

...and yes, I do make gluten tacos. :p

A throwback, I made this cookie cake for my clan's reunion (ECS= Elliot Clan Society [I'm not a Klansman; no telling how many times I've had to clarify that]) And I made some marshmallow fondant. A pain in the ass, but tastes good.

1382815_10202336756399092_1222651250_n.jpg

Also, on the topic of meatless food, I like meat! I even hunt deer and make my own deer jerky :D

Back