• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Walrus tha could play Tuba! (With Big Kids :D)

Miguel

Ohai der!

So recently my band teacher came to up to me and asked me, if I wanted to play with the highschool band for our spring concert. Of course I said yes, and I peed my pants alittle. :3

The piece we will be performing is Inchon by Robert W. Smith. The piece is some-what difficult to play, in my opinion. As the title suggests, I will be playing the Tuba part of this piece. In my normal 8th grade band, I am first chair, which might be, the reason they chose me to play with the highschoolers.

I am looking forward to playing with the highschool, since it will be a taste of what to expect next year! :D:D

Sounds like it'll be awesome.

I have a profound respect for musicians.
Probably because I cannot play an instrument myself. :p

Hm...

Robert W. Smith is one of my favorite composers, mainly through The Great Locomotive Chase and Into the Storm. I was urging my band teacher to play Chase (because Percussion I and broken wrists), and he said we might for our spring concert. Our band is composed up of 7th and 8th graders (I being one of the 7th graders, as well as handling most of the main percussion equipment), because more people go for orchestra. I wish a great performance for you and the high school band.

@amaterasu when I was in 7th, we did what you did and joined with the 8th grade to play Chase. It was amazingly fun and it was the 3rd piece I played from him. And thank you very much :D

Back