Thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises. (Spoilers? Read at own Peril)

karmahurts

Shit is basically flying off the hook. It's like shit wants nothing to do with that hook. The hook filed for divorce from that shit and is now seeking custody of the hook and the shit's two kids.

But in all seriousness, it was a very good movie. One of the best three hours I have spent in a movie theater. What I don't like is the cowl Batman has in this movie. I just don't like the look of it. Now that outfit of Selina, I just loved the look of that. The Bat-Cycle(?) was pretty kickass and the Bat-Plane was just as cool.

Now going more into the story so obvious spoilers here.

I just knew that after seeing the mark on Miranda's back (the female executive, ceo, etc.) that she was Talia Al'Ghoul.
What I didn't see coming was Talia escaping that prison and Bane being the protector.

It is supposed to be the last of a trilogy but I see a Catwoman or Robin film in the making. Really want those movies because Anne Hathaway is gorgeous and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is talented.

Movie was awesome.

Also,
BaneKitty.jpg

I'm not really sure I liked the way they portrayed Bane as an anti-hero instead of a villain.

Kickass. The back-story with Miranda and Bane was a great twist. I don't think anyone saw it coming.

I'm pretty sure Taken takes place in the DC universe... you know... making Ra's al Ghul and Brian Mills (both of whom are portrayed by Liam Neeson) the same person.

I know it's not true, but I want it to be.

On another note, I was caught slightly by surprise by What'sehername being Ra's al Ghul's daughter. I should have pieced it together, because I knew Bane couldn't be Ra's al Ghul's son because Ra's al Ghul's child made it out of the hole unscathed... mostly.

What's going to bother me about this movie though...

When he's climbing out of the hole in the prison...

WHY DIDN'T HE JUST CLIMB THE FUCKING SAFETY ROPE HE WAS USING AND GET OUT?!

I'm pretty sure Taken takes place in the DC universe... you know... making Ra's al Ghul and Brian Mills (both of whom are portrayed by Liam Neeson) the same person.

I know it's not true, but I want it to be.

On another note, I was caught slightly by surprise by What'sehername being Ra's al Ghul's daughter. I should have pieced it together, because I knew Bane couldn't be Ra's al Ghul's son because Ra's al Ghul's child made it out of the hole unscathed... mostly.

What's going to bother me about this movie though...

When he's climbing out of the hole in the prison...

WHY DIDN'T HE JUST CLIMB THE FUCKING SAFETY ROPE HE WAS USING AND GET OUT?!
I was getting the impression it was more like he (and others) weren't allowed to. Like that dude holding the rope would just let go and he'd fall to his death.

I was getting the impression it was more like he (and others) weren't allowed to. Like that dude holding the rope would just let go and he'd fall to his death.
When I see it again I'll have to pay more attention. It just seemed to me like they were alone down there...

When I see it again I'll have to pay more attention. It just seemed to me like they were alone down there...
Well, from what I could tell the rope was on a pulley, the guy that put the rope around them also held onto the other end of it.

OH MY GOSH!!! best movie i've seen since avengers!!!
Pretty sure there's going to be another one with bruce still alive
Christopher Nolan already said this was the last one.
Also, at the end of the movie it seems pretty clear it's done.

The safety rope only went up so far, so even then they would have to climb the wall one they passed the rope. Then they would still have to jump the ledge. The safety rope only went up like half way, maybe a little more.

The safety rope only went up so far, so even then they would have to climb the wall one they passed the rope. Then they would still have to jump the ledge. The safety rope only went up like half way, maybe a little more.
also, if you payed attention he throws the rope back down, which was by chance not attached to anything...

Back