• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

TIL You Can Play Survival In A Classic Server

Jns112

So today I was dinkin around with old minecraft jars and found that you can actually put the jar of survival test and run it on minecraft.net. This means you can join a multiplayer classic server and fight off mobs, gain points, and play minecraft like it was back in the VERY early ages. Here are some pictures for proof:

UAgkA.png

ax29M.png

S1S2A.png

EpPq6.png

What does this mean?? Actually, I have no clue. It seems all the maps and things generated after you die are all client sided and no one else can see. So I doubt the idea of implementing some kind of multiplayer server where people can connect VIA classic clients and play survival.

However, you can still connect to the different worlds in the classic server! (I can connect to main, guest, museum, all those worlds) so it might be possible to play along side other people if there were a world dedicated to it.

***EDIT***

Holy shit, I got it to work on wom. Now I can fly around killing armored zombies! Also, TNT explodes now.

Pics for proof:

LuK8z.jpg

41fIq.jpg

Heres a pic of me in museum:
aIIrA.jpg

Apparently, you can shoot arrows and they can hit players:
oy0Ib.jpg

*EDIT* Heres a pic of me hitting a guest with an arrow:
97nv4.png

**EDIT** You can drown here also:
jUBBX.jpg

So is this client-side?

In other words, if you set off a TNT block on the classic server, is it only you who sees the damage?

Can you craft items?

EDIT: I just read the OP more closely. :p

I guess it's fun if you're bored.

Also, what happens if you lose all your hearts?

So is this client-side?

In other words, if you set off a TNT block on the classic server, is it only you who sees the damage?

Can you craft items?

I just read the OP more closely. :p

Yeah, you cant craft items and TNT is only client side.

So is this client-side?

Can you craft items?

EDIT: I just read the OP more closely. :p

I could probably try adding like the indev jar and seeing if that will work. Actually, I will go try that right now

So I tried putting in the indev jar and all it did was fuck up all the textures:
pUp4b.jpg

*Edit* Triple post :eek:

post.... the jar files..... right now. adfly that sh*t
Turns out I am not aloud to send out ANY minecraft jar files at all. Basically, anyone who has not bought minecraft can not obtain the jar files because of Mojangs rules. So if anyone wants the jar files I must confirm that you have indeed purchased the game then I must send the file VIA a different website or through e-mail. Team9000 is not aloud to be affiliated with this in any way at all due to legal terms.

well what are some of the controls (firing arrows... etc)
Normal W, A, S , D, to move obviously. Firing arrows is tab which can be pretty annoying at times considering any time you want to use your arrows you bring up how many players are on the world you are on.

Also, pigs and sheep drop brown mushrooms which can be eaten and you can regain health with them. Red mushrooms hurt you though.
Some mobs have armor on them making them harder to kill. You can regain arrows by either picking up arrows you shot and missed with, picking up skeletons missed arrows, or after you kill a skeleton they explode into about 5 or 6 arrows that you can pick up.

This game is based on score, what is the highest score you can achieve in one life.
Sheep and Pigs award 10 points.
Zombies award 80 points.
Spiders award 105 points.
Skeletons award 120 points.
Creepers award 200 points.

Pretty simple. So far my record is 11k points in one life :3

*Edit* Picture of armored zombie:
800px-Zombie_helmet.png

i've heard that 800craft could host a server that have gun mod to play shoot or something..

but activeable tnt?! thats for griefer or someone who want to flatten the terrain level, i think..

anyway, for the first view i thought that this is impossible, because if u can blow the tnt while other's cant, maybe you or them will be crash or something. Just like when im trying to change whole cs skin 1.6 (like changing the knife skin into zombie hand, lol), and when i tried to play favorite ip, my cs cant join them because skin problem.

The exploding TNT is only client-side, fortunately, so anything you see cannot be seen by other players (it's the same thing as a modded client-- unless other people are using the same mod, you cannot see what they are seeing).

The exploding TNT is only client-side, fortunately, so anything you see cannot be seen by other players (it's the same thing as a modded client-- unless other people are using the same mod, you cannot see what they are seeing).

Actually, in this case, even users with the same mod won't see the same thing.

So today I was dinkin around with old minecraft jars and found that you can actually put the jar of survival test and run it on minecraft.net. This means you can join a multiplayer classic server and fight off mobs, gain points, and play minecraft like it was back in the VERY early ages. Here are some pictures for proof:

UAgkA.png

ax29M.png

S1S2A.png

EpPq6.png

What does this mean?? Actually, I have no clue. It seems all the maps and things generated after you die are all client sided and no one else can see. So I doubt the idea of implementing some kind of multiplayer server where people can connect VIA classic clients and play survival.

However, you can still connect to the different worlds in the classic server! (I can connect to main, guest, museum, all those worlds) so it might be possible to play along side other people if there were a world dedicated to it.

***EDIT***

Holy shit, I got it to work on wom. Now I can fly around killing armored zombies! Also, TNT explodes now.

Pics for proof:

LuK8z.jpg

41fIq.jpg
how do you do this?

Back