• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Time Frame For Official Server?

SvenBoogie

Yes, I know, we're waiting on Bukkit. According to Bukkit's site/twitter, etc, official 1.0 bukkit should drop Friday-ish. Just curious if we could get an estimate from teh sonicwoot on when roughly we should expect the transition to begin to the new world? @_o

Yes, I know, we're waiting on Bukkit. According to Bukkit's site/twitter, etc, official 1.0 bukkit should drop Friday-ish. Just curious if we could get an estimate from teh sonicwoot on when roughly we should expect the transition to begin to the new world? @_o
Short answer:
Probably within a week or two.

Long answer:

Woot is still going through MineCon footage, so I think he's busy with that.

Estimates for bukkit?
They'll get it done... eventually.
Probably within a week or two.
They have to prep the server .jar for massive plugin whoring, remember?
And since this is the 1.0.0 release, it probably has MASSIVE bugs.
Notch said that he has a lot of bugs to fix, and Bukkit is probably waiting for the Shiny 1.X.X All-Bugs-Fixed version of Minecraft (I almost said beta :eek: ).

<3,
-Taco

Appreciate the reply. Only thing I can add is that I'm aware of servers currently running (that shall remain nameless) that are testing out the most current dev Bukkit builds and seem to be having relatively few major problems. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Appreciate the reply. Only thing I can add is that I'm aware of servers currently running (that shall remain nameless) that are testing out the most current dev Bukkit builds and seem to be having relatively few major problems. Hopefully that's a good sign.
Problem with the dev Bukkits is that they're just that - in development.
Woot's all about stability.
Now, let's remember not to rush things. We want a polished, functional, permanent server. In my mind, I'd rather wait until Bukkit / other mods Woot decides to put in are all ready and beautiful before we start playing.
Woot will get it done in due course.
...Not that this has already been said before...

Waiting is hard, but necessary it seems...

Find something to do in the mean time (if it's your type of game, I'd suggest playing Skyrim).

Waiting is hard, but necessary it seems...

Find something to do in the mean time (if it's your type of game, I'd suggest playing Skyrim).

With all the problems plaguing PS3 owners (and some X360 owners too), I bet that the patches for Skyrim (v 1.2) will be ready almost at the same time that the permanent (or stable) Minecraft team 9k 1.0 version server will be up... Epic confrontation.. again?

Back