• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

To start anew?

Would you like to start anew in a new world for MP survival?

• Yes!

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No!

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Orithorn

Woot suggested we have a little vote to see what people think about starting anew with the MP survival. I myself would be sad to loose a bunch of stuff.. but it would fix some of the issues and let us have a new, fresh start.

if its possible we should have 2? or maybe add some more space. cause the 1 thing thats rlly keeping me from playing Beta is that my house is around so many others, some guy actually built his home right on the area i flattened out a day before.

I'm relatively new, so I'm not as vested as others. However, there are great structures and infrastructure that would be sorely missed from the current world. Maybe having 2 would be an answer (not knowing what sort of administrative hassle that is).

I would be pretty sad to lose all my buildings too. Especially the one I spent 20+ hours on. But if it's what the people want, I'm all for starting a new world

I'm not sure what kind of resources woot has to create a secondary. Though this is more of a discussion on what people think. I'd like some of the people who have vested A LOT of time on the other server to chime in.

Well... i know nothing about such things... but is there a way to keep a server up only if somebody is playing on it? I mean, its down all the time, but it automatically goes up when i try to connect. Is something like that even possible?

If we do start anew, I kinda hope we keep it a bit more organized. Like towns/cities separated by roads. That way we could have portals to each city and each city would have towns. Would make it easier to get around without using the /sethome command.

I've seen some where a person is elected as mayor of a town/city and chooses a kind of theme that that town takes. Keeps it cool looking and more community based.
Just me ranting though : P

*Edit* Or even if we could put "regions" on the map and put people in charge of those domains. Kind of like counties.

I spent hours on end on a minetrack system recently and I'd still support a reset. That is only if the cities are as good as they sound.

I realllly hate to lose 100+ hours of building, and such, HOWEVER I love to start new, new ideas, new landscapes, new possibilities, I vote yes =D.

i wanted to open such a thread too, but was too lazy :D
"Would you like to start anew in a new world for MP survival?"

Totally yes.

on a side note, everything must pass, change is the way of life, if there was no change then evolution wouldn't take place.

@Orithorn
I like your idea. We could make skyscrapers in this town, a castle and old houses in another. Roads above the ground and an underground railway between the towns:D

Imo, it would be best to create 3-4 huge cities, instead of eg. 25 (like, for example, on buxville server, where i wanted to play before i joined Team9000). I was really confused about where to go, where to build, in one of the cities, outside them, or... :eek:

Back