To: TheGurw, With Much Love

moondoggy23

Hey there,

So, I was at my parent's house for the Hoilday(s) chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', etc. when my phone chimes. There are several different chimes my phone makes, depending on what notification it's received. If it's a text message, the chime sounds like a little bell you'd rig to get service at the front desk of a hotel. If my phone receives updates to some of my games (like Plants vs. Zombies) it tones like a an old TV station chime (do-do-do!). This particular chime was different. It was an email. I get several emails throughout the course of a day to my personal inbox, most of which is junk mail (no, I do not want to enlarge my penis anymore), so I usually don't pay it any mind. This time, however, I was bored because it was daytime and everyone (myself included) was recovering from a crazy-hilarious night prior of booze and Cards Against Humanity and so there wasn't much to do at the time.

I check my email and lo and behold! I have received a gift on Steam! Immediately a flurry of questions popped into my head, but then quickly subsided since it was making me nauseous due to the hangover. I checked it out and saw it was the expansion pack for Civ V I've been wanting for some time, and it was from you (or so it says)! I was genuinely touched by the gesture, so much so that I emoted, which worried my wife and family. I explained to them what I had just been given and they also found it to be a nice gesture, and also emoted, though not as much as I. So, thank you. Very much. It was truly unexpected and from someone unexpected, therefore doubly awesome and kind.

I think it serendipitous you gifted me the Brave New World DLC when you did. You see, I was eyeballing it during this Winter Sale to see if it would go down in price (more than it's 50% off price cut) with the intent of buying it before the end of this sale. Truly there must be some cosmic thread within the universe that when pulled in such a manner, it sends a signal to anyone willing to accept and act upon it. I am somewhat curious why you chose me, of all people, to gift a game to but at the same time I'd rather not know. I feel obligated to give back in kind, but I feel that may seem 1) like a cheap gift-giving copycat and 2) not what your intended outcome is/was to be.

Once again, with all the sincerity and humility an emotionless cranky codger like myself can muster; thank you.

Love (no homo, not that I have a problem with that, I just don't swing that way) Always,
Moondoggy23

Congratulations on getting bestDLC

ueQLJo2.gif

Back