• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Towny Plot Question

SvenBoogie

Since towny plots on the t9k server are 4x what they are by default (4 chunks instead of 1) I'm trying to find out which chunks are claimed in relation to where you are standing when you claim a plot/town. For example, in the following graphic, say the red dot is the player and each 3 x 3 area is one chunk. Which 4 chunk area is purchased, green, blue, pink, or yellow?

townygrid1.jpg

Thats wrong question. You cannot stand in more than one towny chunk (as you are trying to show us with picture). That situation you are describing will never happen, as that would result in uncertainty (=bugs).
If you want to know what towny chunk (normal chunks) you are going to claim, use the /towny map or something similar.

Thats wrong question. You cannot stand in more than one towny chunk (as you are trying to show us with picture). That situation you are describing will never happen, as that would result in uncertainty (=bugs).
If you want to know what towny chunk (normal chunks) you are going to claim, use the /towny map or something similar.

Each towny plot is 4 chunks, as on the t9k server it is set to 32 x 32 and chunks are 16 x 16.

Stating obvious ? Even I did work with 1/4 scenario, i just call one towny chunk and other normal chunk.

You are trying to determinate which towny you are going to claim when you stand somewhere, i told you already it will be ONE and ONLY ONE towny chunk (towny plot). Even when you move on inner 4 chunks you will still claim that one towny chunk.

In other words - your inner position doesnt matter at all because you are in ONE towny chunk all the time, so it can be case yellow, violet, blue or green - depending on where you are standing inside of the towny chunk, but it wont be more than one of them.
For example you will claim it from lower right corner but it will be same towny chunk as the one claimed from upper left corner

asd.PNG

In conclusion you either are or are not in (the same) towny chunk, regardless where you stand inside of it and from that point, your question is wrong.

number_j is correct. Towny chunks aren't "actually" related to minecraft chunks at all. You can think of them as two separate coordinate systems if you prefer, but it's just convenient that towny chunks are twice the size of minecraft chunks.

Back