• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Tradeoff? :S

that_taco_guy

Ohai.
Since we're switching to chat.team9000.net instead of Mumble chat, I would like to bring up some suggestions. For Mumble.
I know you're working on it, Wooty, but how about you get everything you've envisioned WORKING completely before you switch to just chat.team9000.net ? At least let us use text in Mumble for now.

Second, I would like to bring something up that has been on my mind for a while now.
Game Rooms. Minors HATE Game Rooms. You know why?
WE.
CAN'T.
SAY.
ANYTHING.
chat.team9000.net has made that a little better, but it's still just sad.
There are SO many things I would like to say to people, suggestions, comments, jokes, etc, but I can't.
I think there should be an application thread/place where you submit why you should think you should be unmuted.
Various administrators and regular users of Game Rooms would review these applications, and they should all come to a consensus.
"To Unmute, or not To Unmute?" That is the question.
Some members would probably not be unmuted, but the more... mature T9k members would get to be unmuted.
If *I* don't get unmuted, I really wouldn't care, but I'm putting this out there for the rest of the people who really have good, mature, ideas.
This is just an Idea, if it's not O.K. with any of you, Sorry. :)
Also, this is going to be said, that Minor Inconvience is a place for minors, but some people (not naming anyone) just hop into Game Rooms and get unmuted. Good for them, but it's kinda unfair.

Controversial Post is Controversial,
<3,
-Taco.

How about we DON'T switch to chat.team9000.net. If i want to get ahold of somebody in gamerooms and they are not in chat, i can't get ahold of them. I agree with Taco's post and I think that it IS a tad bit unfair that (insert users here) can be unmuted, if the rest of us can't talk. Also, mumble doesn't break.

I appreciate that you guys are vocalizing the issues coming up. The entire point of switching to chat.team9000.net is because mumble chat is so limited. I'm trying to add more functionality to the whole chat experience, and the mumble chat just... can't be expanded. At all.

One of your biggest complaints is that it seems more difficult to get someone's attention. I'm going to try to resolve that by adding a /ping system, which does a few things. Once you /ping someone in chat, it will:
1) Sends them an alert visible on all team9000 sites (in the top bar), but goes away after about 30 minutes.
2) Sends them an alert over mumble (if they are online)
3) Plays a special audio tone if they are in chat.team9000

I appreciate that you guys are vocalizing the issues coming up. The entire point of switching to chat.team9000.net is because mumble chat is so limited. I'm trying to add more functionality to the whole chat experience, and the mumble chat just... can't be expanded. At all.

One of your biggest complaints is that it seems more difficult to get someone's attention. I'm going to try to resolve that by adding a /ping system, which does a few things. Once you /ping someone in chat, it will:
1) Sends them an alert visible on all team9000 sites (in the top bar), but goes away after about 30 minutes.
Im okay with this. :)

Sorry Karma, that was my bad.

What ever made it a good idea at the time?

I do say this is a good idea for the time.

Thank you. This is going to make our experience a lot better on T9k.
:D
But... still... that /ping can be abused like CRAZY. XD
:3

Not if theres a spam filter on the ping command. Woot could limit it so you could only use it once for every defined time interval.

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

This is basically what will happen. Only difference is you have a choice.

hahaha I used to have the Wrath of God card...ahh I haven't played magic in a long ass time. lol and you can't expect Woot to get anything done if you keep giving him stuff to do. If you want him to finish things then move on to others, don't give him anything to do until he finishes, otherwise you'll be waiting a while and he has what seems to be a much bigger work load. As for the Game rooms, I doubt anything will change there, if you want to discuss something with someone, then just let them know, most people don't mind heading to a minor room to hear what you have to say. I personally think it is fine the way it is, although I definitely don't agree with the unsuppressing of people randomly, that is not very fair.

hahaha I used to have the Wrath of God card...ahh I haven't played magic in a long ass time. lol and you can't expect Woot to get anything done if you keep giving him stuff to do. If you want him to finish things then move on to others, don't give him anything to do until he finishes, otherwise you'll be waiting a while and he has what seems to be a much bigger work load. As for the Game rooms, I doubt anything will change there, if you want to discuss something with someone, then just let them know, most people don't mind heading to a minor room to hear what you have to say. I personally think it is fine the way it is, although I definitely don't agree with the unsuppressing of people randomly, that is not very fair.

Those are my two favorite cards. Incredibly mindblowing considering that they originate from two colors that oppose each other in almost every way, yet at the pinnacle of destruction they share common ground. Abiet ironic.

What it has to do with this thread has a profound meaning to it.

Back