Tribes: Ascend - Gotta go fast

Hawke

From Wikipedia:
Tribes: Ascend is an upcoming free-to-play multiplayer-only first-person shooter part of the Tribes franchise. It is currently being developed by Hi-Rez Studios and was announced on March 11, 2011 at PAX East with an expected release in early 2012. It will be available as a digital download for Microsoft Windows, though Hi-Rez Studios haven't ruled out the possibility of an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 release in the future. Iconic aspects from previous Tribes games such as jetpacks and skiing will be featured in the game.
So anyways I love this game. It's simply awesome. Every kill you get gives you immense satisfaction because of the skill and effort required to get them. If you can't aim for shit you can still enjoy the game for it's EXTREMELY fast gameplay. Some classes
can easily reach speeds of 200km/h.
At it's heart it's a capture the flag oriented game, with other side objectives such as defending the generator which powers all the flag defences. There's also a team deathmatch and a "rabbit-hunt" mode where all of the players hunt a single flag carrier and earn points for holding the flag.

It has jetpacks, vehicles, turrets, multiple types of projectile lauchers such as rocket launchers, mortars, grenade launchers, mines, miniguns and classical smg/assault rifles. All of the weapons in the game have velocity and speed at which their ammo reaches it's target, as well as reacting to the speed at which you move while shooting.

The game also features a convenient communications system:

It reminds me of quake CTF combined with CS surfing, jetpacks and TF2 engineer class turrets/equipment.

You can easily get a beta key through their facebook page.
You can get the client from here.

You can add me as RomulusHawke ingame.

Video about the latest update wich brings a lot of improvements:
flagswag.gif

20prhc4.gif

tumblr_ly1avcBFZE1r2k3boo1_r1_400.gif

1327707205315.gif

tribes__ascend_contest_pic_by_zero_optix-d4ed0wz.jpg

juggernaut%20goes%20for%20the%20flag.gif

vYW91.png

brmN1.gif

fT6Y

sanic.png

Yeah I got my beta key a few weeks ago but just now bothered to download it last Thursday. I must say it is a lot of fun!

I have been playing a lot of tribes recently, and I heard they just had a major update. So I might jump on soon.

they basically changed the way classes work. Pathfinder, soldier and juggernaught are now default starting classes, and customization works differently.

Reminds me of that old, cancelled game... I think it was called Fallen Empires? I think it was by InstantAction? I don't really remember...

Reminds me of that old, cancelled game... I think it was called Fallen Empires? I think it was by InstantAction? I don't really remember...
Oh god I remember InstantAction. And that is what I remember this game from as well. That is why this game felt so familiar to me! Too bad they went out of business.

LOL i got two keys from them, i guess they really want be to test it, anyways, i kept one key, and i posted one key on curse and it is up for grabs (i bet its taken already, but it is a good idea to try anyways)

"gotta go fast....gotta go faster, faster faster faster Sonic X......"

My first thought when I saw the title.
185px-RarityShrug.png

Still this game seems like one of those games I could find myself playing for a good while. Seems to be something that people could create tourneys that turn out as big as CS: S tourneys.

Just leave this here...

[song]sonic x theme[/song]
This is why we love you.

Also, I am proud to say that after not hearing this song for over 3 years I managed to lip sync to it perfectly on my first time hearing it again.

Like-a-Boss.jpg

Oh my gosh. I started playing again and I feel like such a freaking boss when I slid right through the enemy base and steal their flag! Such a rush!

Back