Trolling = illegal

"It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use a ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person."

Well, that seems too broad. Do the police even have the time and energy to reinforce this law? If so, where can I find this time and energy?

" and use any obscene, lewd or profane language"

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read....it basically outlaws swearing on the internet....this is the most unenforceable law I have seen.

Who thought INTERNET POLICE, would some day actually exist. This law is impossible to uphold unless they pass another law to monitor all internet activity.

The United States of America Bill of Rights, Amendment One:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I'm pretty sure this trumps State law, which therefore make it's illegal. I'm not a lawyer or anything like that, so don't hold my comment as anything concrete.

I also think that if this law were to pass, I may go on every Arizona government website and if there is a comments section, I will defame it, I will also do the same with every Arizona media outlet website. I would implore the rest of you to do the same. I would like to see those punks come and find me.

Hrhm, I think this picture from a troll group I go on would sum it up quite well...
549730_203019613133768_100002771938926_236473_424750271_n.jpg

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been stated. It's a stupid law.

Actually, it seems that this law might troll trolls, hence the law would be illegal. Problem Arizona? :trollface:

Oh yes, I can see it now...

wantedTroll.png

I can understand stopping acts of violence, threatening, intimidation, and harassment (to some reasonable extent) performed through electronic devices, but to include offending and annoying people as punishable acts just shows a lack of understanding of basic human nature. To quote comedian Lewis Black, "we are all like snowflakes." We as humans all have different core beliefs and values, and we all have different standards of behavior. To express oneself and not offend or annoy someone else is almost impossible to do. To top it off, prosecuting such expression is clearly a violation against the rights of the First Amendment.

How do they ven want to enforce this?! They would need to monitor anyone living in Arizona, and when I read: "It is unlawful for any person, with intent to ... annoy..." and so on, I just thought... dafuck, now define "annoying" for the population and see if U can find something that isn't able to be annoying at a time.

This will never make it's way, and if the count of population in Arizona will decrease damn fast after this XD

Back