Trying to get a personal Starbound Server up, failing horribly.

Melexiious

I've been trying my damn hardest to get a Starbound server up, I've forwarded my ports, I disabled firewalls and I've done everything everyone has told me to do, and still my friends can't join.

See, I got a terraria server up before and it was all dandy, I was able to manually alter it so my router would portforward 7777 and after a few modifications it worked like a charm for all those involved. Now I'm trying the same for Starbound and it's not working at all, and I was wondering if anyone else here had similar issues when trying to get their own damn server up.

Yes, I've port forwarded to 21025 however when I use this it says the port it closed.

However, if I use the Terraria server and (Note: This is the important part) once the server is active and turned on, then it says yep! 7777 is good to go!

I've allowed access in windows firewall, my router firewall, tried with either disabled and with all disabled and nothing.

I've also made my IP static, so that's not an issue.

Hamachi is out of the question, most of my friends can't use it due to technical difficulties, such as computer crashing due to recent builds and it just acting so, so very weirdly.

but just, I have no fucking clue what else to do and I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues when they set up their own server?

Patchouli has ran a Starbound server before, so she might know what other options you have to tinker around and make things work :eek: best of luck!

Back