tumblr shutdown hystera

digitalzombie

Techcrunch,
mashable,
and even cnet are in mass shock about this(really this starting to drive me insane)

We all know what happen. Connection troubles with tumblr's servers, they decided to take the site down for a while.

but if you notice something... people are going bonkers all because the site is down. But I do understand why, I just think the reactions look as if the world is ending. It's just a site repair, take it easy. :facepalm:

If billionaires like Bruce Wayne are gonna lose potentially millions in cash simply because they can't contact Alfred Pennyworth, surely someone would freak and send death threats to Tumblr staff.

It's just a site repair, take it easy. :facepalm:

Regardless of the current downtime, it is pretty embarrassing that they left an xss vulerability unpatched for so long.

In the history of team9000 (which is arguably a more complicated website, considering we have tons of independent sub-projects), there have been only three reported security issues, two of which were part of another company's product.

Regardless of the current downtime, it is pretty embarrassing that they left an xss vulerability unpatched for so long.
yeah, they should probably fix that or else they have to shut the site down again for a security patch.

Think about what would happen if it was temporary. Then think about what would happen if it was forever.

if temporary
people would ask why and start to ask, "why can't I go on facebook" or something in nature of that question.

and if given explained reason, everyone will wait until there ready to relaunch the site.

if forever...

this requires 2 theories
1: if the site was endlessly attacked by spam and or viruses, some people would understand that it was too much for the staff to handle.

2: if the site closed just because Zuckerburg wanted the site to shutdown for his own reasons, they will thank him for the time while facebook was on the web.

2.1 if he just shutdown the site out of nonsense, people will get very angry.
either way, not a good day for anyone who works at facebook.
[edit] After reading my previous response, I was ashamed of what I typed. And I am sorry.

In the history of team9000 (which is arguably a more complicated website, considering we have tons of independent sub-projects), there have been only three reported security issues, two of which were part of another company's product.

This is because you are awesome at what you do. Super nerdy, Hilarious, and all around awesome.

oooooo

Interesting, so someone was able to find a vulnerability for that contest a while ago.

I did kinda get worried then I remembered when I first joined tumblr a few years ago and it was always down. You'd be lucky to see it up more than down. So I was like meh. Guess i'll go log on twitter for the first time in a month.

Back