Twitch Plays Pokémon

Wait, how are they able to keep up with the commands when the game can only run at a set frame rate?

Wait, how are they able to keep up with the commands when the game can only run at a set frame rate?
You can press any buttons you want while your character is in the middle of an animation, and said button presses won't do anything. Most of the commands are lost that way.

I'm gonna be honest; this isn't that interesting and lots of people are making too big a deal of it.

Sure, it's an interesting social experiment, but it's dull as shit.
The same can be said about collecting fake hats that are worth fake money that can only be extrapolated towards real value because of gambling laws, in a multiplayer fps with terribad graphics and horrifail battle mechanics, with an even worse storyline.

Someone explain the two modes to me?
Anarchy: Commands are directly input by the viewers. Commands are not put into a queue, but are executed instantly, if applicable. This was the exclusive mode for TPP until the maze in the Rocket Hideout, which took 26 hours without progress for Democracy to be implemented.

Democracy: A 20 second timer between each button input. During this time, a list of the most input commands are shown. Whichever command is stated the most before the timer stops ticking is then input, and the next cycle of voting begins. Most fans are upset with democracy mode, as it ensures progress, but at the cost of being slow, boring, and not hilarious to watch.

How the current game mode is selected: A slider is shown at the top of the screen, between the two modes, Anarchy and Democracy. Viewers can input the mode of their preference into the chat. These commands are not input into the game, but move the slider towards Anarchy or Democracy. When the slider reaches 80% towards democracy, the mode will switch to democracy. When the slider reaches 50% again, the game mode will switch to Anarchy.

TL;DR:Because you don't appreciate the effort I put into this post:
Anarchy: Anyone can make an input. The most recent command is input into the game.
Democracy: Viewers vote for the next input.
How they switch: Viewers type "Democracy" or "Anarchy" into the chat to influence the game mode.

EDIT: Darn. Ninja'd.
EDIT 2:Electric Boogaloo: No longer ninja'd.
EDIT 3:Corrected by Patch-y

Anarchy: Commands are directly input by the viewers. Commands are not put into a queue, but are executed instantly, if applicable. This was the exclusive mode for TPP until the maze in the Rocket Hideout, which took 26 hours without progress for Democracy to be implemented.

Democracy: A 20 second timer between each button input. During this time, a list of the most input commands are shown. Whichever command is stated the most before the timer stops ticking is then input, and the next cycle of voting begins. Most fans are upset with democracy mode, as it ensures progress, but at the cost of being slow, boring, and not hilarious to watch.

How the current game mode is selected: A slider is shown at the top of the screen, between the two modes, Anarchy and Democracy. Viewers can input the mode of their preference into the chat. These commands are not input into the game, but move the slider towards Anarchy or Democracy. When the slider reaches 75% in either direction, the game mode is switched.

TL;DR:Because you don't appreciate the effort I put into this post:
Anarchy: Anyone can make an input. The most recent command is input into the game.
Democracy: Viewers vote for the next input.
How they switch: Viewers type "Democracy" or "Anarchy" into the chat to influence the game mode.

EDIT: Darn. Ninja'd.
Ninja'd by who...?

Also, I've been told otherwise about the slider. As far as I know, it's 80% for Democracy, and 50% for Anarchy. So it requires much more to get to Democracy than it does Anarchy

Ninja'd by who...?

Also, I've been told otherwise about the slider. As far as I know, it's 80% for Democracy, and 50% for Anarchy. So it requires much more to get to democracy than it does Anarchy
Ninja'd by me. I deleted because he explained far better than I.

Ninja'd by who...?

Also, I've been told otherwise about the slider. As far as I know, it's 80% for Democracy, and 50% for Anarchy. So it requires much more to get to democracy than it does Anarchy
It may have changed since I last paid attention to it. I recall it being 75% for both sides at some point.

As for being ninja'd, Allimon made a post a few seconds before I did, that he deleted.

EDIT: He did it again!

The same can be said about collecting fake hats that are worth fake money that can only be extrapolated towards real value because of gambling laws, in a multiplayer fps with terribad graphics and horrifail battle mechanics, with an even worse storyline.
I love how I can take the exact same saying and apply it to runescape.

I love how I can take the exact same saying and apply it to runescape.
Well, substitute capes for hats and yeah, pretty much. Can also be applied to anygame with a focus on the real-world value of in-game items. A certain space game that recently involved several hundred thousands of dollars of lost spaceships could be described similarly. The gaming world is all one big social experiment.

ATV JUST MURDERED LANCE'S DRAGONITE ALL BY ITSELF
ALL TERRAIN VENOMOTH SHALL BE KNOWN AS ATV, THE DRAGONSLAYER FROM NOW ON!
WPZ4hOc.png

So.... they beat it yet? I lost interest after I heard they beat the Safari zone upon arriving to it within 24 hours.

So.... they beat it yet? I lost interest after I heard they beat the Safari zone upon arriving to it within 24 hours.
We are currently at the Elite four and are repeatedly trying it until we finally beat it. We go to lance on our 2nd/3rd try and beat his final pkmn (dragonite) with a lvl 36 Venomath using only poison and disable in which we disabled his hyper beam and all his other moves did no damage so we waited out the poison and beat him. Then we died 5 sec later to blue, but we know its possible at least.

That was painful to watch. It could have been over in 6 or 7 turns.....
It isn't about the destination, it is the journey and by helix what a journey it was.

I felt like this was a win during the end of the Bruno fight. Bruno was down to his Machamp and Helix left it with a sliver of health. Machamp then used submission taking out Helix but then knocking itself out in the process. Afterwards it was a clean sweep against Agatha. I think we then lost Air during Lance and the finale battle with Blue was the most clenching to watch. But Bird Jesus being swapped to sand attack in order for AA-J to finish was beautiful.

Sure it could have taken 6-7 turns with one person but that wasn't the point.

Back