• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Two years and a day.

amaterasu

As I sit here writing this blog on a train back from Washington D.C., I think to myself, "What an ass I've must have been the past two years." Anywho, to celebrate my two years here, I'll share my T9k story.

Around May or June of 2012, I stumbled across a game called Minecraft. When I read all about it, I thought it would be the best game ever. Of course, since my parents were afraid of gaming addiction, they denied my plea to buy the prepaid card for the game. I was fairly upset, so I decided to create a Minecraft account and join a Minecraft Classic server instead. I stumbled across a few servers, wondering what the heck is going on here, and then I came to the Team9000 server. At that time, unlike most people my age, I wasn't introduced to the online world yet, which meant I wasn't one of those weird Xbox Live kids that cursed a whole bunch. I kept my cool, and I just built stuff. I spoke only when spoken to, and soon I was adapted to the environment. After a few days, I decided to make my account on T9k on June 19, 2012.

I made a few friends at first, made it to Cool rank, and then I went on to build more. After various time spent on building, I was promoted to Builder by the coconut himself, Casham. Then I did the one thing almost every Builder did once they were promoted. I begged and strived for the Engineer rank. I did it so much that it annoyed the people around me. I also came into various arguments on the server which (I think) earned me a reputation of being an absolute douche. Fun stuff.

I came across TF2 during my time at Classic, and I loved it. My favorite class was Sniper, and it was hilarious to watch people complaining about I was an Aimbot. Later on, however, I lost interest.

There was also a time where I spilled my guts about being underage. Most people were surprised about it, saying that I was mature for my age. I found it a bit hard to believe, but I decided to stick with it.

After a long time of repairing this reputation of mine, I was able to get my parents to buy me full Minecraft, which I was very, very happy about. I immediately joined the T9k Minecraft 1.0 server and was accepted into LTS very quickly (to my surprise). I joined the large town Lufenia, which soon became fairly inactive, but I stayed anyway. I was also introduced to League of Legends around that time, and I found it hard to play at first (like everyone else), but I got used to it.

Later, after Minecraft 1.0 had been shut down, I decided to go back on Classic. After spending a few weeks on there, I was promoted to Engineer by Akamus. I felt nervous holding this position for some reason, and constantly asked why I was promoted even though he knew I was underage. I don't remember his response. I shook it off after a while, and I decided to go ahead and being moderating actively. Unfortunately, the grasp of League was too strong for Classic, and I was sucked in, and I immediately forgot about Classic in general.

League was the only thing I played during the 2013 Summer, alongside with a few rounds of TF2 every now and then. Also, during that time, I finally became of legal age to be on T9k, and I felt unburdened somehow.

During my eighth grade year, I was still stuck playing League. I was introduced to Osu by Kris, but I lost interest within a week (I don't even know why it's still installed on my computer). I also learned of Touhou through the weirdest way possible, and I got into it. I also still suck at it.

Looking ahead, I am the sub Mid/ADC for the T9k League of Legends ranked team (assuming it will hold), and I am also considering getting into Minecraft again. I'm about to enter my high school year with two AP classes, AP Statistics and AP Human Geography, which is going to be a pain in the ass, but well worth it. However, during that time, I will be partially inactive from the T9k forums, and will have a lack of communication with anyone else.

So, sitting here on this tiring train ride, I'm thinking to myself, "How much longer am I going to sit here?"

Lol i deleted minecraft from my pc like yesterday; i mean i don't play it anymore at all, but hey, if interest picks up again who knows? lol. Congratz on making it two years and a day brohah. :D

Back