UK Eclipse

Cpt__Duck

for everyone that has heard of places outside america, you might have heard that the sun was bored of us not giving it attention and therefore decided to hide behind the moon. anyway this thread is about whether or not you saw the eclipse and how you saw it(feel free to post something funny and eclipse related)
I did see the eclipse but only through a lot of cloud
91sn32Q.jpg

The uk trying to spot the eclipse

Well it was slightly darker as usual, and it got colder temporarily. They told us it would be 80% darker, but it looked more like 10%. Not spectacular at all, but still interesting.

I remembered that there was going to be an eclipse after the fact, then resolved to maybe catch the next one.

I just didn't care. OOOOH, the moon has a shadow. So do I. You don't see the ants gathering beneath me to observe my ass blocking out the sun.

Well if your back is turned, and you can't see the ants, how do you know they aren't observing your moon.

All I saw was it was slightly darker outside, dad managed to get a pic of it on his phone, even with the clouds.
it probably wasn't as drastic since I live in sort of south midlands of UK where the eclipse wasn't a full one.

Back