Umm...Newegg?

KiltedCowboy

So, I purchased a video card from Newegg, and just got it today (huzzah!). However, it also came with a motherboard, an ASRock Z97 Extreme6, which is better than the one I purchased a few weeks ago ( ASRock H97 Performance Series)

Anyone might have a clue about something of this nature?

And no extra charges, just the amount I purchased the vid card for.
Are you sure the vid card didn't come with a motherboard by default? See if you can find it cheaper on other sites, maybe it came in a package with the motherboard on new egg.

Sounds like you got a good deal then.

I don't know anything about the legal implications of this, but I'd just keep it.

The first thought that came to my mind was whether Newegg accidentally shipped you someone else's order for a motherboard and video card (one that's coincidentally the same as yours). I would call Newegg just to be on the safe side, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you to keep it. Good customer service means you'll come back for more, after all.

EDIT: Actually, did you get a game with your shipment? The item you linked comes with a free $150 game.
If you don't have a game, I wonder if they switched it for a motherboard.

EDIT: Actually, did you get a game with your shipment? The item you linked comes with a free $150 game.
If you don't have a game, I wonder if they switched it for a motherboard.
$150 worth of in-game items on three specific games*

Back