Universe Discussion Thread

rsmv2you

Saw this gif earlier today...
Faklz.gif

Led me to this image....
hubbledeepfield2.jpg

Which made me want to have a thread about how amazing the universe is.
This includes discussion about any living life form outside our planet to space statistics.
Discuss.

i just saw this on your facebook page....the universe is such a huge place no one will ever see it all and only god knows what there is out there

This will NOT turn into a debate about religions. I have always been in awe of the majesty of space, and I will not have it ruined here with petty discussion pointless arguments from either side. As far as I'm concerned, such posts are off-topic and offensive in this thread and will be reported accordingly.

Just a warning.

EDIT: Realized afterwards how that looked right after you posted, batte. That wasn't directed at you. /EDIT

Now, rsmv, I officially love you for that image. I already had it, but it's nice to see you offering it up here.

This will NOT turn into a debate about religions. I have always been in awe of the majesty of space, and I will not have it ruined here with petty discussion from either side. As far as I'm concerned, such posts are off-topic and offensive in this thread and will be reported accordingly.

Just a warning.

Now, rsmv, I officially love you for that image. I already had it, but it's nice to see you offering it up here.
i think that was about me on top but I don't ever want this to turn into a debate about religions....i just said only god knows because its a commonly used saying

This will NOT turn into a debate about religions. I have always been in awe of the majesty of space, and I will not have it ruined here with petty discussion pointless arguments from either side. As far as I'm concerned, such posts are off-topic and offensive in this thread and will be reported accordingly.

Just a warning.

EDIT: Realized afterwards how that looked right after you posted, batte. That wasn't directed at you. /EDIT

I still cant comprehend it all...

Its stuff like that image that makes me wish I lived in a life time where we had reached those galaxys...

i think that was about me on top but I don't ever want this to turn into a debate about religions....i just said only god knows because its a commonly used saying
Sorry about that, you ninja-posted on me; it wasn't aimed at you, just in general - these sort of topics always seem to wind their way back to religion somehow, and I won't stand for it any more. See the edit I put in just now.

I still cant comprehend it all...

Its stuff like that image that makes me wish I lived in a life time where we had reached those galaxys...
You and I both.

That's it. We need to invent a time travel machine, go back in time, and invent a teleportation machine yesterday.

Sorry about that, you ninja-posted on me; it wasn't aimed at you, just in general - these sort of topics always seem to wind their way back to religion somehow, and I won't stand for it any more. See the edit I put in just now.
Oh...yes well i agree i hate it when a thread as great as this one has to be derailed into talking about religion.

Saw this gif earlier today...
Faklz.gif

Led me to this image....
hubbledeepfield2.jpg

Which made me want to have a thread about how amazing the universe is.
This includes discussion about any living life form outside our planet to space statistics.
Discuss.
Dat picture,
364.png

I've always thought it would be cool to be in another galaxy in my lifetime, although, what are the odds?

Just as a reference, keep in mind these images were taken over eight years ago. You can find the more modern (as well as the older) Hubble deep fields here.

The one you see in this thread is the Hubble Ultra-Deep Field.

Back