Utaites anyone?

Kris

Alright, so nowadays I spend more time on Nico Nico Douga (the Japanese equivalent of Youtube) than anywhere else on the Internet. (Except for maybe here, of course)

Utaite are amateur singers, that upload covers of songs (often vocaloid) and post them. Some of these Utaite are simply great.

Here's a couple of names you guys may have seen, but not know they were utaite:

Soraru
Piko
Mafumafu
Nano(She wrote and sang the Btooom! opening)
Lon
Un:c
Hanatan
Yuuto

To name a few. Alot of utaite actually sing anime openings and such.

Yeah, I'll leave a few embeded videos here.

[collapse=Soraru's Donut Hole]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Amatsuki and Mafumafu's Children Record]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mafumafu's Lost Time Memory]
[/collapse]

[collapse=kradness's Senbonzakura]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Hanatan's Jishou Mushoku]
[/collapse]

So yeah, these guys are great. Here's a link to the utaite wikia: http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/Utaite_Wiki

Discuss!

The animation and songs are brilliant! It slightly reminds me of this which became my fave from the Kagerou Project:

Double Post ftw.

I feel like a fangirl... Like. Legit.

I was on Soraru's twitter, because for some reason I guess if I keep staring at Kanji I'll eventually understand them.
However I do know hiragana and katakana and a little Kanji.
I saw the words "Upload" and "15 minutes"
OHHECKYUS.jpg
So I have his twitter, a person who translates his tweets, and Nico Nico douga open in 3 different tabs.

So I refresh. And refresh. One after another. 15 minutes pass, I catch a new tweet, tab over to the translator, "There was a complication, I need to reupload."

So I wait.

30 minutes.

45 minutes.

One hour.

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.

I was going to make a post about it on here, but I didn't want to lose time. So I refreshed, again and again for ONE HOUR straight.

He uploads. I watch.

#worth

(decided not to put this in greentext format)

just... my... GOD, I listen to 1 song and it was awesome beyond all expectations, but I'm probably stay on youtube, if go to NND, I fear I'd be stuck there for a long time. I'd be living the internet equivalent to star trek voyager.(please let their be someone who understands my reference)

Back