Vote Description Lies :)

Vincent2128

Screen Shot 2012-01-09 at 10.47.59 PM.png

Yeah, sure, we have a full moderation team on Beta. :D

we kinda do, but the server is not really up to its full capabilities yet, its a slow process, but woot is working to get us there I am sure.

I think there should only moderators with kick abilities. Woot won't have to worry about banns because he'd still manage them, commands wouldn't be abused, everyone would still play, and we'd weed out the griefs/trolls. But really the server is actually pretty good for Woot doing all the work.

The biggest problem about moderators on survival, is the teleport permission.

Anyone who is granted teleport, is instantly unable to play the game in a fair, balanced way. In order to check for grief, they must be able to teleport to reported locations, and have the ability to give themselves items for repairing any destruction. It's difficult to keep your inventory "legit," and you lose that element of "survival." You become more of an "admin," and less of a "player."

On previous survival worlds, any users that became moderators basically had to give up building and "surviving" all together. All the fun just gets sucked out of it.

Anyone who is granted teleport, is instantly unable to play the game in a fair, balanced way. In order to check for grief, they must be able to teleport to reported locations, and have the ability to give themselves items for repairing any destruction. It's difficult to keep your inventory "legit," and you lose that element of "survival." You become more of an "admin," and less of a "player."

On previous survival worlds, any users that became moderators basically had to give up building and "surviving" all together. All the fun just gets sucked out of it.
Yeah it kind of sucks that things related to being a moderator can make the game less fun for you.

Then don't give them tp. If it is just to where they can kick trolls, and maybe a history command. Town mayors can already grief protect themselves by kicking their inhabitants and reporting them. And players not in town can report to you as well since grievers typically don't grief when the person is online the kicking mods wouldn't be much help even if they had tp.

They'd simply help out a bit more. But it wouldn't ruin the game for them.

Then don't give them tp. If it is just to where they can kick trolls, and maybe a history command. Town mayors can already grief protect themselves by kicking their inhabitants and reporting them. And players not in town can report to you as well since grievers typically don't grief when the person is online the kicking mods wouldn't be much help even if they had tp.

They'd simply help out a bit more. But it wouldn't ruin the game for them.
This is a pretty stupid idea but I'm just gonna put it out there, there could be rotating mods, so somebody's got teleport and stuff like that for a few weeks and then they get that taken away and it goes to the other mod. And then back to them again after a few weeks.

You know what? I don't play survival anymore but I have been around in the community for a good while. Why not mod someone like me to check up on things every once in a while?

Wub u wootybooty <3

Didn't take too long for this thread to turn from a highlight of an interesting error on a voting site to a discussion on Survival Moderators...

Back