Warlords of Draenor / World of Warcraft

the biggest over simplification happened a while ago with the death of skill trees.
I'd say it was around the time Naxx 40-man and all the real challenging fights died when they decided everybody and their grandmother should have a chance at phat lewts even if they can't play their character properly for shit.

I'd say it was around the time Naxx 40-man and all the real challenging fights died when they decided everybody and their grandmother should have a chance at phat lewts even if they can't play their character properly for shit.
Which is why PvP>PvE, imo.

I only played late cata and early MoP, but PvE was incredibly boring because I could just walk around.

What simplification other than going from 40-man to 25-man and 10-man raids happened? There are still fights that are mechanically involved.

What simplification other than going from 40-man to 25-man and 10-man raids happened? There are still fights that are mechanically involved.
Certainly, but they're all easily winnable so long as at least the tank is competent.

The rest of them can simply slap things, and avoid AoEs.

That's all the fight there is.

Certainly, but they're all easily winnable so long as at least the tank is competent.

The rest of them can simply slap things, and avoid AoEs.

That's all the fight there is.
You're assuming you have competent dps. I've had dps that don't know how to dps even though they have the appropriate gear for the content. It's really hard to beat a berserk timer when the dps is crap.

Anyway, explain the difference between the Vanilla fights versus the new fights BC and up, if you will. I personally haven't found much different between the two eras. The mechanics seem to follow the same pattern regardless of which period of WoW you have played. I'm talking purely about raids by the way.

You're assuming you have competent dps. I've had dps that don't know how to dps even though they have the appropriate gear for the content. It's really hard to beat a berserk timer when the dps is crap.

Anyway, explain the difference between the Vanilla fights versus the new fights BC and up, if you will. I personally haven't found much different between the two eras. The mechanics seem to follow the same pattern regardless of which period of WoW you have played. I'm talking purely about raids by the way.
I've never had much issue with DPS not being able to beat the Berserk timer so long as less than 5 of them are afk.

And Vanilla was pretty trash too imo. I think Wrath/Cata Raids were the best, personally. MoP raids just seemed really really boring. (I consider most raids boring, but MoP ones in particular)

I've never had much issue with DPS not being able to beat the Berserk timer so long as less than 5 of them are afk.

And Vanilla was pretty trash too imo. I think Wrath/Cata Raids were the best, personally. MoP raids just seemed really really boring. (I consider most raids boring, but MoP ones in particular)
Normal and heroic raids, if you aren't overgearing them, require quite a bit of coordination past the DPS just being there and hitting things. I consider LFR to be comparable to a dungeon once fight knowledge is learned throughout most of the WoW population.

I never un-subbed.. so I'll be there for the new expansion. Been playing the Beta, and really enjoying it.
I miss having wings on my warlock though. :/ If that's still available in some build, I've not found it yet. I've been playing Affliction in Beta, because I can't seem to stay alive soloing as Demonology anymore. That's probably mostly because I suck, but still. I miss my big axe-swingin' demon.
I don't do dungeons/raids with random pick up groups, so if some of us are all gonna be around for a bit, I'd love to run through some things with people from T9k. My only 90 is on Sisters of Elune (paired with Wyrmrest Accord & Cenarion Circle now), where ye olde T9k guild was.

I never un-subbed.. so I'll be there for the new expansion. Been playing the Beta, and really enjoying it.
I miss having wings on my warlock though. :/ If that's still available in some build, I've not found it yet. I've been playing Affliction in Beta, because I can't seem to stay alive soloing as Demonology anymore. That's probably mostly because I suck, but still. I miss my big axe-swingin' demon.
I don't do dungeons/raids with random pick up groups, so if some of us are all gonna be around for a bit, I'd love to run through some things with people from T9k. My only 90 is on Sisters of Elune (paired with Wyrmrest Accord & Cenarion Circle now), where ye olde T9k guild was.
CRZ has made things easier such that what realm you're on is a moot point for grouping. I'm willing to tank for you if need be. My character is Lyam-Zul'jin.

CRZ has made things easier such that what realm you're on is a moot point for grouping. I'm willing to tank for you if need be. My character is Lyam-Zul'jin.
Just shows how often I group these days.. :3
I'll probably use my 90 character boost on an alliance alt, just so I can run amok with people on Alliance too.. but my main will forevers be Horde.

Just shows how often I group these days.. :3
I'll probably use my 90 character boost on an alliance alt, just so I can run amok with people on Alliance too.. but my main will forevers be Horde.

good then we can run stuff, i have a 90 warrior tank and a 90 mage

Back