• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

We Need More Moderators

Should the survival server get a new mod, and, if yes, how should it be decided?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IF YES: By player nomination

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • IF YES: By admin choice

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • IF YES: Other (Please Post in Thread )

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Kerzyte

Recently the Team 9000 Survival Server has been getting quite a bit of attention due to a certain server board and us being high ranked. With the increase in traffic and players there has been a giant increase in griefers. Our mods are great when they're on but we don't have enough to have at least one mod on at all times. While I do believe we need more mods they dont necessarily have to have all the powers of an admin. If possible we could have mods that could only temporarily ban a player and have it reviewed by an admin later. If that isnt possible I still think we should have more mods.

Choosing a mod is another thing entirely. A great man once said "Those that desire power do not deserve it". Going along with that, I think we should have a player nominated system for choosing a new mod. Players should be on the look out for kind and helpful players that they believe would make a good mod. When they see a player like this they could post it on this forum. An admin, like Woot, could then review the nominees and then decide if they should be given mod status. I believe this a good and fair way to choose a new mod which we really need.

Please vote in the poll to voice your opinions and please post in this thread with feedback or constructive critisism.

usually we create a new topic with a name + proof
when an admin reads this post, the user will prob get banned.
worked fine so far :3

While that usually gets them banned, by then they have griefed quite a bit. I'm talking about banning them as soom as they start griefing. It has worked fine so far because our server hasnt been as popular as it is now.

While that usually gets them banned, by then they have griefed quite a bit. I'm talking about banning them as soom as they start griefing. It has worked fine so far because our server hasnt been as popular as it is now.

i thought the admins can revert all actions done by those players. in classic it is, not sure about beta

I have to agree with you Kerz. Since the Beta server is now quickly gaining popularity, we need more mods, maybe another admin (maybe, not necessary). HOWEVER. I like the way it's done in Classic. Mod privileges are given based on how well the current Administration team knows you, not on how much the community likes you.

I have to agree with you Kerz. Since the Beta server is now quickly gaining popularity, we need more mods, maybe another admin (maybe, not necessary). HOWEVER. I like the way it's done in Classic. Mod privileges are given based on how well the current Administration team knows you, not on how much the community likes you.

Seconded. I think this past weekend is an excellent example of how having only two people with ban/kick powers is an issue since Woot and Ozy can't be on all the time (you guys need to have lives, too). We can't keep reverting the entire map/town whenever things go to hell in a handbasket. I know a couple of people who put in some serious work into some builds that have completely vanished in Oxytown, and I'm sure they're going to be miffed by this turn of events.

I think we have a lot of admins,
we don't need anymore.
It's just some of them don't go on Minecraft Beta.

we don't need anymore.

That's the POINT. The Classic Admins don't all have Beta accounts, and the ones who do don't have permissions in Beta.

As it stands, Wooty and Ozy are doing all the work, which isn't fair.

We need more Admins.

Now that the admins are back from pax, they will be on much more (once woot gets better). It wouldn't hurt to give a couple of trusted players certain privileges to take the load off though. It is still woot's call though

we don't need anymore.

No, this is not the case.
The Classic server and Beta are totally separate.
The Ranks do not carry over.
Otherwise I'd be on Beta helping out with these issues.

What I like about the survival server over the classic is they are a lot more lenient and stuff as far as banning goes. I hope that if they do recruit a few people I hope they aren't so strict... I like to get on and have my drunken rants :)

lol i don't care so much about the chat, that can be ignored (f1, FTW) but obviously excessive cursing isn't good. spam as well.

What I like about the survival server over the classic is they are a lot more lenient and stuff as far as banning goes. I hope that if they do recruit a few people I hope they aren't so strict... I like to get on and have my drunken rants :)

That's because the moderation on survival is sporadic at most, grief in survival is more serious than classic that's why users are banned for a lot less than they would be in classic.

I think there are two reasons why there aren't so many moderators in beta:
1) When all of the mods and hacks placed by woot and Ozy work, there really isn't a need for someone to go behind and make sure everyone is playing nicely. Obviously, 99% of the people playing beta have paid for the game, so they have an earnest interest in playing and building, rather than running around looting and destroying others' work. Look at how things are working now that woot and Ozy are back. There's a whitelist in place to protect people's things in Oxytown, and Minetopia is relatively safe from griefers given its difficulty to get to from spawn, so guests who are waiting for whitelist can build there with little risk of grief.
2) Most of the mods used in our beta were created/modified by woot or Ozy themselves and so it's a bit of a personal matter. I would be leery to give anyone access to some of my work like that without really getting to know the person. I think there are some people who could be trusted, but maybe woot and Ozy just aren't ready to imbue that person with such knowledge of the inner-workings of our beta.

Back