• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Welp, Time to Rant. again.

Mightythedj23

You know how there are days at your job that you absolutely love, and are grateful to have? The days where you happily do any task they ask of you? You know what i mean.

But then, have you had those days where you're just annoyed, and everyone there is seemingly out to make it worse for you, whether they realize it or not? Those days where the rage you've left gathering inside you, you have to just let out at someone/something?

But, do you know why you're mad? Because i know why i get mad at work.

Out of everything Customers do, (for those still not in the know, i'm a cashier at a grocery store.) whether it's belittle me, treat me like worthless shit (yes that's happened) just demanding this and that, talking under their breath, talking shit while i check out their shit, there's only one constant. One thing that stands out to me the most. The one thing that pisses me off so much, that if it wasn't for the fact of the security cameras, i would beat the living fuck out of any one of those "customers".

They all act self-entitled.

They act as if everything in the store is theirs, and they have some sort of higher right to it. And when i tell them no to something, or i tell them a rule or set guideline we have in place, they get pissed off at me. Hey, if i didn't tell them what not to do, i would get shit for it.

Then comes the fun part. They whine/bitch/carry on, like fucking spoiled children.

When they don't get their way, they start getting pissy. Even when i go to prove them wrong, they won't admit their error; instead they opt to throw their shitstorm at me; still complaining why this is that way and why that is this way.

We all grew up to respect the rules set in place at others,

and yet, why does no one respect them?

Just look at them like obstacles between you and your paycheck.

What's greater? I wouldn't let it get to me too much, but I know what you mean.(not about work, but in general.)

Just keep the smile on your face and let them know that the comments of lesser, ignorant beings can't harm your superior attitude.

Hey hey hey, I don't pay for you to sass me boy! Take the damn expired coupon and give me my loyalty membership discount before I talk to your manager.

But yea in all seriousness we are customers too and I'm sure there has been times where you've pulled the same things on other cashiers that has happened to yourself. I really don't pay any mind to a lot of the stupid things that happen though because at the end of the day they still paid for the shit and your getting a small token from putting up with their crap. I mean as long as your following the store guidelines and being semi apathetic to the customers demands then everyone wins wins.

This is why I go out of my way to be nice to frontline sales people. I know they don't get paid enough to deal with a bad customer - hell, they usually don't get paid enough to cover rent. If I have a problem, I ask to speak to the manager (after getting out of the way of other customers, of course) - managers don't work hard enough for the money they make, and I gladly go out of my way to make sure they earn their cheque. Hell, sometimes I'll go out of my way to cause problems, just to belittle the people that make the entry-level employee's life hell.

@Gurw I appreciate what you said about talking to THE MANAGER after you GET OUT OF THE WAY OF OTHER CUSTOMERS. You'd be supprised how long Iong I've waited in line, because some annoying person is either:

A: Arguing with the Cashier
B: Demanding that the manager come ASAP, and refusing to leave the line to wait.

With how long I've worked in the waste management and sanitizing areas of Food Service, I've come up with an explanation of the three different negative "I"s most people working in any customer service deal with:

the Ignorant (people who don't know the rules, can sometimes be helped with education)
the Inconsiderate (assholes whom even after education do not care and may cause malevolence)
the Idiots (plain stupid people, whom even after education just don't get it.)

Back