What Are Your Predictions of Sony and Microsoft's New Consoles?

DaGamer12345

I heard that Sony and Microsoft are going to be showing their new consoles at E3 (or even before!).
So, what are your predictions on what these consoles will be like?

i think all of the console dev's are cocksuckers. I wish they'd create devices that can integrate into Pc's so we can play the games on our computers with USB controllers. Yes yes - emulators blah blah. Im talking legit hardware/software here. I dont like the console market setup. Its driven by profit, not the gaming.

That is because Nintendo already released its console for the 8th gen.
Also, I did not say you couldn't talk about Nintendo.

i think all of the console dev's are cocksuckers. I wish they'd create devices that can integrate into Pc's so we can play the games on our computers with USB controllers. Yes yes - emulators blah blah. Im talking legit hardware/software here. I dont like the console market setup. Its driven by profit, not the gaming.
and not only that but the console market is driven by sequels
call-of-duty-black-COD-logo-618x349.jpg

and not by originality, which the PC does better. I do have a PS3 and am probably getting PS4, but its just for kicks more than anything

Oh yeah, prediction.

Microsoft and Sony are both going to appeal to old people and 10 year old children, but the "hardcore gamers" will be happy because CoD will keep on somehow entertaining people even though it's the same damn thing every year. Both consoles will be overpriced and Sony will copy Nintendo yet again. And I'll be sitting here, paying less for more, having amazing graphics, amazing controls, a great community to play games with, amazing exclusives (Wii U), and to top it off, Elder Scrolls Online if Zenimax doesn't completely destroy it.

PC + Nintendo = Master race

Prediction:

Microsoft will once again release the system with a critical flaw like the 360 (The original ones didn't have a proper cooling system), which will then be updated and resold as a "perfect console" that is until the system crashes and you have to buy a completely new one.

Sony's will be rather expensive, but very flashy, outmatching any graphics either of it's competitors can do. The problem will lie in the cost of all this, but when the price decreases, they will get cocky and slip something up.

Nintendo will be calmly sitting the corner, taking the insults thrown at them as their swimming pool full of money increases in size. Will they come out with the next big thing once again? Yes. Will they be copied? Yes. Will the launch titles suck balls, bar maybe two of them? Ya damn straight.

Sega will come out with the Dreamcast 2, attempting a whirlwind comeback, startling everyone. Unfortunately, it will run mostly on nostalgia and if they don't beat Nintendo to the punch with 'the next big thing', they will once again fade into obscurity.

PC gaming will remain the same. New games will require better computers, yadda yadda.

:coffee:

They're both gonna flop due to the fact the PS3 and Xbox 360's graphics and engines are still improving, plus no one is going to fork over $500+ for a new system in these times. Not to mention there's still bunch of big games planned to come out for the 360 and PS3. Then there's PC gaming, which is on equal ground in terms of competition.

Bottom line: I'm not getting the next gen consoles. (Wii-U maybe, but probably not)

http://www.ouya.tv/

On the rest of the topic, I lost a lot of respect for Microsoft with the 360. After so many fatal flaws (like seriously, a critical flaw that destroys thousands of consoles permanently, while my NES still works perfectly....), and so many "revised" editions that had other flaws, they'll have to do something seriously impressive to get me back as a fan. I'm hoping they do, because I lurv Halo. Will they? I think they're smart enough to realize that many of their customer base feels the same as I do, and will destroy all expectations with a machine so durable and powerful it will leave the competition in the dust - except for the price point.

Sony has a history of steadily marching towards being the top of the hardcore gamer's console every single release - even the original PlayStation was, while not widely lauded due to its serious-gamer feel and titles, a true hallmark for the other companies to try and match. I expect no less from the PS4, with the noted exception above. The reason I'm looking forward to their release is their tradition of keeping prices low relative to the quality of the machine. I wasn't impressed with the sliding cover on the top-load model, it's flimsy, and I expect them to beef that up a fair bit.
I'm also expecting to see a brushed-aluminum case as an additional (pricey, possibly) option for the new models. Sony just seems like they're headed that direction, and if they don't have it for this console, I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Nintendo will remain in the shadows this year, as they have ever since the Wii essentially disappointed every gamer out there. Being widely regarded as a "kids-console", their market is kind of locked into the geriatric-, infantile-, and family-gamer. For me to be excited for Ninendo's next-gen, I'd need to see some games that truly take advantage of the many hardware/software developments that they've added to the WiiU. I'm thinking something like Team Fortress would be right up their alley. Not a "serious game" by any stretch of the imagination, but mature enough and with just the right combination of silly and violent to really capture console gamers' hearts. Performance-wise, I couldn't care less, just give me some games that are worth playing!

While not being shown at E3, the console I'm most excited for is one I pre-purchased months ago: the OUYA. With its open-source Android-based OS, hardware-hackers-encouraged attitude, online game store that anyone can develop for, and absolute versatility; I can't wait to see what people do with this system. I'm even more excited to see what happens with the second-generation, which will hopefully be much better after the dev team receives feedback from the original release.

The OUYA seems farfetched. Something that small, with such a low price... they will run out of money for production before the first console is actually made. I wouldn't be surprised if yours came and instead of electronics, it would be filled with cotton and tinfoil.

I'm not expecting anything too great from the new generation, they're gonna be very conservative with hardware power and won't even match current mid-high computers, continuing their favorite traditions of choppy 30fps and muddy textures, but now in 720p, until they start bottlencking on graphics again and run it in 648p or something to save performance.

I highly doubt that the next console generation would be anything too special. Maybe the new Crytek engine for Crysis 3 might work on whatever console it is for, but some other really powerful engines don't seem to get to fit with the performance of consoles. The Unreal Engine 4 for example, requires so much power that Epic has "kindly asked" to make the creators of consoles pump as much "fluid" into their over-conservative machines or else UE4 will not be available for consoles. Which is kind of a sadness considering the easy debugging in that engine....

Back