What do you guys think?

Camevil

I have an English test tomorrow and I have to write an alternate ending to the hobbit. This is what I have so far:

Bilbo and Gandalf stood gazing at hobbiton from the road. There was smoke coming from the hill. "something doesn't seem right," bilbo said to himself quietly.
Gandalf heard him say this and said "ready for one last adventure mr baggins?"
They walked cautiously into town. The first thing bilbo noticed was the sound. There was dead silence. Hobbiton was usually a happy place but bilbo could tell something terrible had happened here.
As they walked into town, bilbo noticed a figure lying on the ground ahead.
"look!" bilbo exclaimed. "over there! What is that?"
Gandalf looked at the hobbit and said "stay here."
The wise wizard walked over to the figure. He knelt down on the ground next to it. Gandalf was studying the figure for quite some time.
Bilbo looked around. The old buildings were still standing but the windows had planks of wood nailed over them. He noticed that the doors were nailed shut as well. All the buildings were the same.
Bilbo turned back to Gandalf. The wizard picked up the figure and walked over to him.
"do you know this hobbit?" Gandalf asked. Bilbo was confused but as he saw what was in gandalfs arms he felt very emotional. It was the dead body of the owner of the green dragon. Bilbo told this to Gandalf.
"we must keep moving. The more time we waste the more hobbits could die. I sense something horrible is going on here and we must stop it," Gandalf explained.
They started walkin towards the hill. Bilbo noticed a fire on top of it. There was a creature throwing what looked like old books into the flames.
"what is that strange creature?" asked bilbo.
"that,mr baggins, is an orc." Gandalf said. "it is unusual that this on is alone. Keep a look out. There are probably more about."
The Orc suddenly turned and saw the hobbit and wizard. "fresh blood!" the Orc yelled out. He started running towards them. Gandalf threw a fire lot at it. The orc fell to the ground.
Suddenly bilbo heard something. He turned around and there was another off swinging his mace towards him. He quickly dodged the attack, drew his sword and pierced it into the orc's chest.
Another Orc came towards bilbo. He quickly slipped on his ring. The Orc stopped and looked around in confusion. Bilbo snuck behind him and plunged his sword into his back killing him.
Bilbo walked over to Gandalf and took off his ring. "two orcs are dead," bilbo said quite pleased with himself. Now that bilbi looked at the Orc that had been blasted, he noticed the teeth. They were crooked and some where missing. He was very bulky and wasn't wearing much armour. He was still alive but onl barely.
" I will give you a choice," Gandalf said to the Orc. "leave this place and never return or face my spells."
"you will never take me alive," the orc said. He then grabbed his sword and pierced his chest with it.

A day later hobbiton was starting to come "alive" again. People were on the streets and damages were being repaired. Bilbi met Gandalf outside the town.
"it is now that we part ways mr baggins. You have been a great help to not only me but a lot of people. You are a wise hobbit and I wish you all the best in the future." Gandalf said to the hobbit.
Bilbo got a tear in his eye as he said " it has been and honor Gandalf the grey."
The wise old wizard walked away from hobbiton and into the distance.

So guys tell me what you thought :)

I'm stoked your class gets to use The Hobbit for education. I tried to get ANY of my English teachers to even consider the novel from 7th grade until graduation from high school with no success. There are quite a few grammatical errors in the story that need to be fixed. There is also this sentence: "you will never take me alive," the orc said. He then grabbed his sword and pierced his chest with it. He, who? Gandalf or the Orc? I think you need to specifiy which character stabbed who in the chest. Otherwise, I thought the ending was brief, but good.

Not bad. I half skimed but it seems pretty good. Just fix the errors n such and more descriptions are aways good. I loved The Hobbit when I read it like... 3 or 4 years ago haha.

Back