What Do You Hope To See? (General Discussion)

Tai_K_Yagami

What, in your own opinion, do you hope to witness happen in the future, either it be change, further advancement in something, or something totally new you would want to add, what would it be and why? Finally, how would you go about seeing that happen in the future? It doesn't even have to be innovations in the future. It also doesn't have to pertain to the distant future. It can be anything.

You may have heard this one said time and again. But I would really like to see certain cancers be cured. Personally, I have witnessed people close to me pass away because of it and that people can sometimes unfortunately become susceptible to it with age. If I could, I would fund research for it and really push for better education in the medical field. Medical research in general needs improvement on so we can help those who are physically in need.

For the "lad" and "swag" culture to die out so I don't have to deal with gangs of teenagers wearing nautica polos and snapbacks at every train station or bus stop I visit.

I hope people will come to their sense and cut this social media crap out, nobody cares of the 400 pictures of you doing a duck face in a public bathroom mirror. Grow some brains people and lets not let our planet go to the apes.

For the "lad" and "swag" culture to die out so I don't have to deal with gangs of teenagers wearing nautica polos and snapbacks at every train station or bus stop I visit.
Which reminds me, I would like to see better schools that actually interest students in learning. A student sits in class all day and pays little to no attention to the lesson being taught and fails. Maybe if there was at least 2 more hours added to school with no homework given at all. So that way, teachers can completely immerse themself with all the students in activities, projects, and assignments all in class. The trouble with homework can be extensive as some students have sports after school, extracurricular clubs, or work. It can be a struggle for a student sometimes to deal with all this added pressure.

Which reminds me, I would like to see better schools that actually interest students in learning. A student sits in class all day and pays little to no attention to the lesson being taught and fails. Maybe if there was at least 2 more hours added to school with no homework given at all. So that way, teachers can completely immerse themself with all the student in activities, projects, and assignments all in class. The trouble with homework can be extensive as some students have sports after school, extracurricular clubs, or work. It can be a struggle for a student sometimes to deal with all this added pressure.
I wouldn't mind seeing this, I personally have issues in school due to the projects my teachers expect me to do.

No, making me be "creative" with what we're learning isn't helping it sink in, it's simply making more work which I wont do.

I wouldn't mind seeing this, I personally have issues in school due to the projects my teachers expect me to do.

No, making me be "creative" with what we're learning isn't helping it sink in, it's simply making more work which I wont do.
I think that less work given as assignments to the students at home equals more time to spend with your classmates doing projects and applying what your learning and stuff. Good thing about it is that your teacher will be right there to help you. No need for coming home and then realizing you can't accomplish shit with the homework without the teacher's help, who by the way, told you to refer to your textbook for more information which also equals shit.

I can tell you now that whether the teacher means for you to learn it or not, there is always something you take away from the lessons and homework they give. It may not be the intended lesson, and it may not be what they meant to teach you (or you meant to learn) but it is up to you as a person to strive to find knowledge at every corner of life, even if you don't feel up to it or see a reason. The hardest part of understanding this is the most important part. It wasn't until later in my life that I started to see the things I learned, and until you start seeing those yourself, you won't really understand. I only hope that you strive to look for knowledge in every corner of life because you never know what you'll find. If you don't look, you won't know what's there.

Trust me, kids said this when I went through school (including myself) and they will keep saying it long after you start understanding it. It's difficult to teach lessons when the knowledge won't be reaped for many more years to come.

/offtopic

Sorry for double posting but....

Similar to how Boomerang shows the old cartoons of Cartoon Network. I really wish to see Jetix and Toon Disney come back somewhere around. Call me old, but I loved watching those funny and violent cartoons like Pucca, Yin Yang Yo, Power Rangers SPD(Only fav Power Rangers Show other than the original), Get Ed, American Dragon Jake Long, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!, Dave The Barbarian, maybe some Oban Star Racers, and many more.

Maybe they could also bring back the old shows in Nicktoons like Kappa Mikey and The Secret Show.

For Cartoon Network, I'd like to see Hi Hi Puffi Ami Yumi, Martin Mystery, and Totally Spies.

These were awesome times then for me. I always set my alarm in the morning to watch these new episodes. They were so funny then and still as funny to me now.

Find a cure for death. Not like, bring people back, but make dying of natural causes (disease, old age, starvation, etc) effectively a thing of the past. I'm on my phone and can't elaborate, but I have several hundred pages for a rough draft sci-fi novel set a reasonable time in the future with this scenario. I wouldn't call it utopian, nor dystopian, just...the same with extras, much as most of our history has been. In any case, I'll attempt to remember to come back to this thread and explain the ins and outs. If you have specific questions about it, just reply to this post and I'll make an attempt to answer. I've been working on this for a long time, so I think I've thought of nearly everything, but you never know.

It's quite a bit older than any of the cartoons you mentioned, but my parents showed me Tom and Jerry when i was a kid, and I was hooked.

That aside, I wish to see the all technological developments that are created in the future. Science-fiction becoming reality. People a century ago never would have dreamed of a device like a smartphone. And that timespan is a tiny, tiny fraction of our existence. I'll also re-iterate deep space travel. While I think it's inevitable that we will visit Mars in our lifetimes, I want to visit distant planets, meet new species, figure out more about black holes, and more.

Frankly it kind of sucks we each only have so long to see the world, as I'm rather fascinated by what the future holds.

Edit: Gurw read my mind.

It's quite a bit older than any of the cartoons you mentioned, but my parents showed me Tom and Jerry when i was a kid, and I was hooked.

That aside, I wish to see the all technological developments that are created in the future. Science-fiction becoming reality. People a century ago never would have dreamed of a device like a smartphone. And that timespan is a tiny, tiny fraction of our existence. I'll also re-iterate deep space travel. While I think it's inevitable that we will visit Mars in our lifetimes, I want to visit distant planets, meet new species, figure out more about black holes, and more.

Frankly it kind of sucks we each only have so long to see the world, as I'm rather fascinated by what the future holds.

Edit: Gurw read my mind.
I think most of us longs to see what our future holds. I believe the best thing we can do now for this generation is make it so that we can prepare or build for the next generation to continue our dreams and ambitions in their hands. I don't know, maybe send superhuman babies into space with innate knowledge to explore the vastness of space? Just my ridiculous idea.

Back