What type of book genre do you read?

Mightythedj23

Hey there, so as the title says, what type of book genre do you read? As none of you know, i'm an avid fan of science fiction books, and my favourite author is Isaac Asimov. i love his work; i read so many of his stories. i am also a fan of H.G. Wells, famous for writing "War of the Worlds" "The time machine" and "The invisible Man" (the latter of the 3 i actually read before)

I'm curious as to what you all read and who your favourite author(s) is/are. so yeah, get to it :D

Um... Pretty much exactly what you just said haha. Completely serious too. I've read the Foundation series, Irobot, and one of the Galactic Empire books by Isaac Asimov and they are really fantastic. I've also read the 3 books you mentioned by H.G. Wells, most recently The Invisible Man.

I also enjoy dystopian style books such as 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and Brave New World. My favorite book at the moment is The Picture of Dorian Gray for a plethora of reasons. To be completely honest I do not read many new books, I find the majority of them to be immensely boring and unoriginal. I do not read many if any nonfiction/biographical books, not because they are "bad", but simply because they never really interest me.

I only read the first in Asimov's foundation series; I also read 1984 and Animal farm. To be honest, I think that Orwell's Animal farm was way better than 1984.

I only read the first in Asimov's foundation series; I also read 1984 and Animal farm. To be honest, I think that Orwell's Animal farm was way better than 1984.

I think I enjoyed 1984 more than Animal Farm. That doesn't mean that either of them are "better" or "worse" than one another. They both had similar themes in completely different contexts. I do implore you to continue reading the Foundation series if you at all enjoyed the first. They are all superb.

I think I enjoyed 1984 more than Animal Farm. That doesn't mean that either of them are "better" or "worse" than one another. They both had similar themes in completely different contexts. I do implore you to continue reading the Foundation series if you at all enjoyed the first. They are all superb.

I dunno what it is, but something about animal farm just "clicked" with me in the sense that I liked it. I liked 1984, don't get me wrong; I just like animal farm more :p As far as Asimov, I want to read the rest in his foundation series, I heard nothing but good word about it

I am an avid reader of both fantasy and sci-fi books. I've just started Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series which I know is going to take me a looooong time to get through xD

I'm a huge mystery buff, particularly murder mysteries, like Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and The Da Vinci Code or any book by Agatha Christie. Actually, really anything that involves murder, don't ask me why.
The Lovely Bones is really good too.

I'm a huge mystery buff, particularly murder mysteries, like Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and The Da Vinci Code or any book by Agatha Christie. Actually, really anything that involves murder, don't ask me why.
The Lovely Bones is really good too.

I always hear the lovely bones mentioned at least once every few days haha

I like to read big ass manuals and wikipedia pages.

I also enjoy that.... >.>

I like my myster/murder novels. I also enjoy a good Stephen King story every now and then

Um... Pretty much exactly what you just said haha. Completely serious too. I've read the Foundation series, Irobot, and one of the Galactic Empire books by Isaac Asimov and they are really fantastic. I've also read the 3 books you mentioned by H.G. Wells, most recently The Invisible Man.

I also enjoy dystopian style books such as 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and Brave New World. My favorite book at the moment is The Picture of Dorian Gray for a plethora of reasons. To be completely honest I do not read many new books, I find the majority of them to be immensely boring and unoriginal. I do not read many if any nonfiction/biographical books, not because they are "bad", but simply because they never really interest me.
I liked you before this. But I like you even more now.

no homo.

Fantasy, SciFi, Mystery/Suspense, Young Adult... Anything Zombie related....

A few favorite authors of mine:
Jonathan Maberry, Caroline B. Cooney, Tamara Pierce, Lauren Kate, Lauren DeStefano and Stephen King

Brock-Biology-of-Microorganisms-Madigan-Michael-T-9780321649638.jpg
6thEdnBookCoverSmall.jpg
5190loWDSRL._SL500_.jpg

I can't wait to learn about the complex and infinitely applicable field of biolo-ZZzzzzzZzzzzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzZZzzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzz

9A04586_640.jpg
Orbital+Mechanics+For+Engineering+Students.jpeg
41MQ-WtdOQL._SY300_.jpg

Oh boy! I can't wait to learn about the rigorous topics and the fundamental mechanics of aerosp-

Eh? What's that Internet? There's an animated video of two talking llamas with hats who discuss their homicidal tendencies and ultimately wreak comical havoc on the Earth? Gotta check that out!

I also like to read up on WWII, primarily the vehicles used in it. I have a book I got from my grandmother when we cleaned out her bookhelves that lists every plane, ship, tank, anti-tank, mortar, gun, etc. used in WWII.

9A04586_640.jpg
Orbital+Mechanics+For+Engineering+Students.jpeg
41MQ-WtdOQL._SY300_.jpg

Oh boy! I can't wait to learn about the rigorous topics and the fundamental mechanics of aerosp-

Eh? What's that Internet? There's an animated video of two talking llamas with hats who discuss their homicidal tendencies and ultimately wreak comical havoc on the Earth? Gotta check that out!
engineering vibration? oh god what...? That already sounds painful.
6ce.png

I read quite literally everything. I have a very strange collection of books. Everything from marine biology and biographies to comedy, science fiction and fantasty. I really go for things I find that entertain me. I own a lot of different things and I don't really have a favorite author. I own a book about every ship ever made up until I think 2000? I own the Bartimaeus and the Harry Potter series. I also own a few Doctor Who books a Science terms and Astronomy reference books, a bunch of books about World War II, a book titled Preparing for Terrorism (its an actual text book), a few Stephen King books, a bunch of Manga, some books that movies have been based on and things like Freakonomics. I've read Walden, twice. As long as I find it remotely amusing I'll read it. I'm not saying I read everything. Yes, I've read everything I own. There are some things in the genres I do like that I haven't enjoyed. What I start reading I usually finish and then pass judgement.

Back