• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

What's your excuse?

ConroD

Everyone has moments where they feel like giving up, like they will never achieve, never make it in the world, and before you know it depression can take over. But take a step back for a second..

No matter what life throws at you, the cards you are dealt, nothing is out of reach if it is a true passion and you set your sights on it.

Impossible?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

-- Muhammad Ali

Never listen to anyone that puts you down, makes fun of you, or tells you that you can't do it.

"Everybody, one day will die, and be forgotten. Act an behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane and predicatable life, working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and whither away. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me it's alot more fun that way.

Don't ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. I'd rather be a person that's hated on, than a person that does the hating."

-- Az Sergeyevich.

Just a little something for if you ever need some perspective or life gets too much, kind of a return/thank you. Had a few rough patches the past 12-18ish months and i tended to come here to escape from time to time, a lot of you (a large amount probably unknowingly) really helped and for which i am very greatful.

I have been payed out for some things I have done and said, and I have been bullied for teh way I look. Over time I started not to care about what these people said as I knew who my friends were and I knew that they would accept me for who I am. I feel the same here, I am weird and quirky and I feel like t9k is a 2nd home for me, a place where I can go to escape if I need to.

I <3 you all!

Makes sense. But if I may point out, Muhammad Ali said "Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
So Impossible = potential.
Imposiible = Nothing
Potential = Nothing.

:trollface:

But in all seriousness, I do often give up on stuff, although they are nothing major =/

McFar who would bully you? You're gorgeous. Seriously.

Thanks ConroD, and you unknowingly help me sometimes.

"fuck a mundane and predicatable life"
the words i've been living for, and intend to do so until i die, life is just too short to spend it on thing's that you hate to do/are boring :p

Likewise to mcfar, t9k is closer than my family for me, You guys have turned my life around, making me a better person. In a year and a bit of being here I have gone from a lonely depressive to a functioning human. I have an awesome girlfriend, a good career and got into uni. T9k stopped the worst of my depression. Thanks, I truly love you all :)

Soppy shit over, lets get some beer :D

Back