Which headphones should I buy?

Flaunty

Not sure how I should start this, but recently, my only good pair of monitoring headphones have broken by the hinges, and the warranty doesn't cover physical damage, and I've had the pair for over a year. And they're not too great in build and sound quality. I think I'm ready for that step up I've wanted.

Now, since I don't have any headphones that I can regularly use for listening to music, playing games, and just listening to things with good sound quality in general, I've come to a stalemate between three different models I've researched and found to be nice in build quality, sound quality, and looks. I can't walk into public with any ACTUAL professional monitoring equipment, but I do need a pair of cans that are portable and have listed all three things above.

First pair I've liked and have seen the most, is the ATH-M50's. And I honestly do love them. Also, they're red. Because why not for 4 extra bucks?

Second pair I've liked is the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. Here's a link.

Third pair is the Sony XB-500's. They're like pillows on your ears.

So, not sure what to choose between these three, or if you even have a better pair of headphones in mind, let me know.

The Audio-Technicas are spectacular.
Every AT product I've had has treated me well. Buy them niggas.

hpa2-hesgottheforce.jpg

Not sure how I should start this, but recently, my only good pair of monitoring headphones have broken by the hinges, and the warranty doesn't cover physical damage, and I've had the pair for over a year. And they're not too great in build and sound quality. I think I'm ready for that step up I've wanted.

Now, since I don't have any headphones that I can regularly use for listening to music, playing games, and just listening to things with good sound quality in general, I've come to a stalemate between three different models I've researched and found to be nice in build quality, sound quality, and looks. I can't walk into public with any ACTUAL professional monitoring equipment, but I do need a pair of cans that are portable and have listed all three things above.

First pair I've liked and have seen the most, is the ATH-M50's. And I honestly do love them. Also, they're red. Because why not for 4 extra bucks?

Second pair I've liked is the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. Here's a link.

Third pair is the Sony XB-500's. They're like pillows on your ears.

So, not sure what to choose between these three, or if you even have a better pair of headphones in mind, let me know.

I recommend the ATH-M50s as well. That is what I have and I love them. Excellent build quality, and some of the nicest most balanced sound I have ever heard out of over-ear studio monitor headphones.

I am sure you are familiar with some of the pros and cons of each headphone. The Sony -XB's (Extra Bass) are well known for exactly that. They are designed to have very heavy bass. I personally prefer the more balanced sound to the bass heavy that comes from the XB500s or something like beats. The XB500s sacrifice quality in the mids and highs to get that added bass. V-modas were designed specifically for DJ/heavy trance and club music. From what I hear, the sound quality/balance is not as good for other genres.

In the end, there really is no wrong choice. The v-modas are the least portable/bulky of those 3 you listed. Good luck and happy listening.

As a audiophile enthusiast's friend I can say with great confidence that you need at least 12 drivers and 2 subwoofers in your headphones to listen to the sound of the universe. It'd help if you bought something with "Heavenly highs", "Soul satisfying bass", and "Piano like timbre", aka the UE900 IEMs. Or you could also buy 2 speakers, and elastic band and wrap the band around your head with the speakers on your ears and walk around like I do. Also, I have a subwoofer in my backpack and an amplifier slung over my shoulder. Power comes from a car battery I lug around on a cart behind me.

Or you could try these Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro that are fairly more expensive than your line up but I've been using them occasionally for over 2 years and they sound great to me. I'm no audiophile myself and I use IEMs almost all the time so I can't tell you about the highs the mids the lows the 3/4 high - 1/4 mid section third way sound system bass reduction noise isolation echo location and sonar radar parts of the headphones. But they do sound good to a casual like me, who likes the booms of the bass that doesn't cover the sounds of the rest of the music/song.

They're also pretty comfortable though it might be a little bit on the the heavier side. I'd recommend the 250 ohms version and an amp, which is my loadout. Or you could get the lower ohms and save on the amp. I'm fairly certain these are made in Germany as opposed to China, which is already a win IMO.

My second pair of MDR-V700DJ's broke in the same way just after they stopped manufacturing them. I replaced them with an ATH-M50.

Bought the ATH-M50's after some more added approval and amps I found that could make them as close to any great speaker set-up.

Although, the other headphone considerations
As a audiophile enthusiast's friend I can say with great confidence that you need at least 12 drivers and 2 subwoofers in your headphones to listen to the sound of the universe. It'd help if you bought something with "Heavenly highs", "Soul satisfying bass", and "Piano like timbre", aka the UE900 IEMs. Or you could also buy 2 speakers, and elastic band and wrap the band around your head with the speakers on your ears and walk around like I do. Also, I have a subwoofer in my backpack and an amplifier slung over my shoulder. Power comes from a car battery I lug around on a cart behind me.

Or you could try these Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro that are fairly more expensive than your line up but I've been using them occasionally for over 2 years and they sound great to me. I'm no audiophile myself and I use IEMs almost all the time so I can't tell you about the highs the mids the lows the 3/4 high - 1/4 mid section third way sound system bass reduction noise isolation echo location and sonar radar parts of the headphones. But they do sound good to a casual like me, who likes the booms of the bass that doesn't cover the sounds of the rest of the music/song.

They're also pretty comfortable though it might be a little bit on the the heavier side. I'd recommend the 250 ohms version and an amp, which is my loadout. Or you could get the lower ohms and save on the amp. I'm fairly certain these are made in Germany as opposed to China, which is already a win IMO.

was a nice added option to my list. Thanks for the help, guys. :3

Back