Why You Should Buy An Xbox One

Serenity595

EDIT: I should have pointed out the main disadvantages of the Xbox One but did not. I wasn't trying to make the thread seem like an advertisement or biased; I simply wanted to point out the good things of Xbox One rather than just pointing out the bad, which the media is happy to do for you. I'm also planning to get a PS4 myself instead of an Xbox One because I prefer the PS4, so there's that...

RE TITLED : Benefits of Getting an Xbox One

Xbox-One_2584436b.jpg

Introduction

This is an informative thread for console users and in no way reflects personal biases. I am making this thread to help consumers make the right decision for them specifically, rather than tell them to follow the media's general consensus. You are more than a demographic, and there are specific aspects of the Xbox One that may be more tailored to your demands. Here are some logical reasons why you should buy an Xbox One under certain conditions in contrast to the Playstation 4.

Hardware

xbox-one-hardware-ports-640x360_original.jpg

For all intents and purposes, the Xbox One and PS4 are virtually identical in terms of gaming power. The PS4 has only a very slight edge, but this is debatable as it depends on how the developers make use of the different hardware. What the Xbox One does have, however, is more sockets. In particular, the PS4 lacks a HMDI in, while the Xbox One does not. This means that the PS4 can’t be used as a media center in the same way as the Xbox One.

Microsoft's system also ships with the Kinect 2.0 while the PS4 Eye is an optional device. The Kinect 2.0 seems to have an edge on using you as the controller rather than having to use a typical handheld device. You can give the Xbox One commands via voice or gestures and it is heavily integrated into how the system is used as a media center (the Xbox One gets its name from having all your media in "one" device). Since the Kinect 2.0 is required with the Xbox One, you will most likely see many more games on Microsoft's console that implement its motion-sensing capabilities than on the PS4.

The gamepad of the Xbox One is another piece of hardware to consider. While the PS4 brings many innovations, the Xbox One sticks to its traditional design and refines it. It also adds a particular new feature called Impulse Triggers which are normal triggers with a built-in rumble function. This will add a new dimension of realism for shooter games. You may prefer the "feel" of the Xbox One controller compared to the PS4's Dualshock 4 Controller. It's all about personal preference.

Software

xrysehandson-620x350.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yt9l7DyyWo.jpg

You can't have a good gaming system without good games and both Sony and Microsoft promise to deliver. Here are two lists of games that can only be found on one of the two consoles and nowhere else:

Xbox One Exclusives (14 games in total)

• Below
• Black Tusk Studio game
• Crimson Dragon
• D4
• Dead Rising 3
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Halo
• Killer Instinct
• Kinect Sports Rivals
• Powerstar Golf
• Quantum Break
• Rabbids Invasion
• Ryse: Son of Rome
• Sunset Overdrive

Playstation 4 Exclusives (10 games in total)

• Basement Crawl
• Deep Down
• Driveclub
• Galak-Z
• Infamous: Second Son
• Killzone: Shadow Fall
• Knack
• The Order 1886
• Secret Ponchos
• Super Stardust (spiritual successor)

Now for the next two lists, "Next-Gen Console Exclusives" means that the games listed can only be found on that particular Next-Generation console out of the two, but it can also be played on another platform besides the Xbox One or PS4. Here are the lists:

Xbox One Next-Gen Console Exclusives (8 games)

• Fantasia: Music Evolved
• LocoCycle
• Minecraft Xbox One Edition
• Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
• Project Spark
• Titanfall
• Zoo Tycoon
• Zumba Fitness: World Party

Playstation 4 Next-Gen Console Exclusives (25 games)

• Blacklight: Retribution
• Contrast
• Daylight
• DC Universe Online
• Diablo III
• Doki-Doki Universe
• Don't Starve
• Final Fantasy XIV
• Hohokum
• Mercenary Kings
• Octodad: Dadliest Catch
• Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee New ‘n’ Tasty
• Outlast
• The Pinball Arcade
• Planetside 2
• Primal Carnage: Genesis
• Project Heart and Soul
• Ray's the Dead
• Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
• Super Motherload
• Tiny Brains
• Transistor
• War Thunder
• Warframe
• The Witness

In conclusion, certain games may be more suited to your tastes than others, and you may prefer Xbox One's exclusive line-up of games over PS4's. In total, PS4 has 35 exclusives in the broad sense of the term, while Xbox One only has 22, but quality is always more important than quantity. It's your decision on what games mean the most to you.

Misc

xbox-one-living-room-tv.jpg

I am not informed enough to talk about all the services that each console specifically has, so it is up to you to look into the details regarding that topic and see which console offers what you want. However, what I can note is that Xbox One will be a media center with a diverse range of digital services that the PS4 will not have such as its connections to watching live TV. Also, if you are into sports, Xbox One has you covered. It can integrate TV with your sports games and fantasy leagues to add a new dimension of inter connectivity and convenience.

Conclusion

There are benefits and disadvantages to buying an Xbox One. However, I hope that by reading this thread, you will make a more informed decision on your next-gen console fix. Here is a summary of all the benefits of the Xbox One over the PS4:

- better equipped as a media center
- stronger integration of motion-sensing technology
- gamepad triggers with a built-in rumble system
- the exclusives that are available may be more tailored to you
- integration of watching live TV
- connectivity with sports

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you are looking for in a console. Which gaming system will you purchase this holiday season? Perhaps both?

xbox-one-vs-ps4-580-75.jpg

Sources

Hardware:
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare

Software:
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...-all-confirmed-next-gen-titles-and-exclusives

You forgot to mention the ridiculous DRM standards and policies imposed by Microsoft that are a central feature of the Xbox One which is driving away a lot of current xbox live users and potential customers.

and adding to what Skryter said if the policies stay as they are saying, the sales would be low and current xbox user would stay with there 360 until its shut down. In my case I'll wait and see what happpens, we still have a few more months. what i do know is that I'm going for ps4. there are lots of greats things about the new console but these ridiculous policies will hurt.

But my view point right now is wait and see what happens. I'm keeping my 360 and move to ps4. and there quote made for gamers by gamers is bs

This sounds a lot more like an advertisement than the start of a debate.
It is not an advertisement in any way. In fact, I'm planning to purchase a PS4, because it suits me better. This is a thread to inform people about the benefits of Xbox One, seeing as the media only focuses on the negative side.

You forgot to mention the ridiculous DRM standards and policies imposed by Microsoft that are a central feature of the Xbox One which is driving away a lot of current xbox live users and potential customers.
Those negative aspects are very well-known, so I did not think it was necessary to include them (although it may not of been the best decision). The purpose of this thread was to show what is good about the console, rather than entice people to get caught up in the media hype.

It is not an advertisement in any way. In fact, I'm planning to purchase a PS4, because it suits me better. This is a thread to inform people about the benefits of Xbox One, seeing as the media only focuses on the negative side.

Those negative aspects are very well-known, so I did not think it was necessary to include them (although it may not of been the best decision). The purpose of this thread was to show what is good about the console, rather than entice people to get caught up in the media hype.
This is still biased though.

Is someone on the internet really defending the Xbox One right now? Microsoft has been in damage control, making a fool of themselves for days, monitoring reddit, telling people at the Wii U booth to go to the Xbox booth because "Nintendo isn't worth your time", and paying devs to not show PS4 games at E3. Xbox Support has been telling people that don't have a stable internet connection to buy a last generation console that won't be getting anymore games. Not to mention the non-optional Kinect, and the $500 price tag when the PS4 is more powerful. Plus the fact that the thing might get BANNED in countries because of privacy reasons.

This generation is going to suck if people actually defend Microsoft's harmful business practices. Not having DRM was what made consoles so great. You could share your games with friends, and buy them used. Now it's turning less powerful PC's with even more restrictions so you can't have what you want. I want to be able to play my games that came out 10 years ago when I get older, but not I have to worry about a damn server being up, Miyamoto even addressed this earlier: "As a consumer you want to be able to keep those things for a long time and have those things from your youth that you can go back to and experience again."

PS4 looks decent, and I will get one. I will never get an Xbox One. Fuck Microsoft, they don't deserve another customer. It's going to take a lot to get them out of the hole they've dug themselves into. Even if I wanted an Xbox One, I can't get one, my internet connection is not stable. I wouldn't be able to play my games for days at a time.

Congrats Microsoft.

I thought this was a joke thread when I saw the link sitting on the homepage.

If you're trying to argue that people should buy the Xbox One, you need to include the bad things as if people didn't already know them. I could read this and say "oh, that sounds cool" and get one not knowing that literally everything else about the system makes it a total piece of shit.

If (as you stated) it's all up to our opinions, why do you need to persuade us to buy an xbox one? We aren't stupid we aren't affected by the media, its just that the xbox one has cons that outweigh the pros.

If (as you stated) it's all up to our opinions, why do you need to persuade us to buy an xbox one? We aren't stupid we aren't affected by the media, its just that the xbox one has cons that outweigh the pros.
I'm trying to enlighten people on the good side of the Xbox One rather than just the bad side. No, you aren't stupid. And as far as the cons outweighing the pros, I would agree, but that doesn't apply to everyone. People who really like the media features of the Xbox One would value them as a huge pro, and may consider the cons as negligible to them personally.

I'm trying to enlighten people on the good side of the Xbox One rather than just the bad side. No, you aren't stupid. And as far as the cons outweighing the pros, I would agree, but that doesn't apply to everyone. People who really like the media features of the Xbox One would value them as a huge pro, and may consider the cons as negligible to them personally.
The key issue is that 99.9% of T9K's members have a working PC, and a PC can do everything media-wise the xbox can do and it can do it better. For anyone who has internet access and a working computer or smart phone, the better choice is PS4. A fair majority have one of those two, and those who don't are better off spending the money for Xbox One on either a smart phone of PC.

Summary: Unless starving children in africa are looking to buy an Xbox, PS4 is superior in pretty much every way.

I've already pre-ordered my ps4. I do intend to purchase an xbox one, but not until after release.

It's called playing devils advocate. I don't understand why whenever someone creates a thread with the intention of having some semblance of discussion does everyone suddenly take up arms against it. There are undoubtedly some positive aspects to the Xbox One, it is a matter of whether you view these things as a benefit or detriment to your gaming experience. I agree with those who are upset over the decisions Microsoft has made concerning the Xbox One, but it doesn't hurt to take another view towards a situation.

I enjoy playing devils advocate because it allows me to further solidify my own viewpoints on a matter if I can properly counter arguments made against it. The purpose of this thread wasn't to insult everyone's intelligence, or vaunt the Xbox One as the new god of videogamedom. It was simply to look at the Xbox One in a positive light, as apposed to the negative bias we all have knowingly, or unknowingly been influenced by. And yes, Serenity should have made this clear in his initial post. That was his fault.

This may have been more suited as a blog however, seeing as how this is largely just making a statement about the possible positives to the Xbox One, and we already have another thread for strictly Xbox One discussion.

ps4 - faster memory and faster gpu for $100 less.

the hdmi in on xbox one, how will that handle hdcp?
My money is on that it won't. It'll work with your cable box so you can say "Xbox Watch TV"... and it'll be cool or something. Other than that, it should be pretty worthless.

Back