• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Wiki Update Suggestion

V_Five_V

Hey I just joined this community a day ago. My biggest trouble in the survival server was finding the portals. Is there anyway someone could edit the Wiki page and show the coordinates of the different portals.

Thanks for the help,

Five

You can view the map at http://map.team9000.net

It doesn't say where the portals are but you can see the paths leading form spawn (where you spawned) and the path leading toward the top right (north east I am guessing?) part of the map of the outlands is where the minetopia portal is. Minetopia is the public city where anyone can build and your stuff will not get wiped out.

Good luck

Problem for new players isnt that they cant get there easily (aka via airwalk) but that they dont even know where it is.
Either make a sign to airwalk or make a note on wiki or just let the people ask zilion times like in classic ("type /rules" for infinity) which is much more irritating.

Plus, now with announced Outland wipe its even more needed as they cant use chests in Outlands safely.
And there is also no sign about this ...

These issues really need better managing / info for players.

You know, the wiki already has a lot of information that people never see. I've added a lot to keep the wiki updated, and I'm not the only one, but it's sad that almost none of the players ever utilize it. This post, however, encourages me; and the idea isn't a bad one. I'll edit it now.

Thank you for the help. Also, I can clearly see the one leading to Ozy via the map however minetopia's path i can't find on the map. That pathway also has no sign and many turnoffs with no signs.

The best approach is to also include the portal location on the actual map. Have some sort of symbol, whether its a star or a portal picture to identify the general location of the portals.

Back