Windows 8

Kurtis

I'm new to Windows 8 and was hoping someone here could help me out? I was having a ton of issues with the updates failing several times before actually installing, and Windows Update tried to update my ATI Radeon graphics drivers which messed them up. I went into the device manager to find the graphics and do a roll back on it in the properties setting, and that kind of fixed it but now I can't find the settings to make certain applications boot off of dual or single graphics. I'm just wondering, should I format (again...) and install the windows updates 1 at a time, in the order that they came out, and avoid the graphics updates? I've never had this many issues on Win 7 or Vista so I don't know if this is normal, or if maybe this one laptop is just a bad one and I should replace it with a new version of the same one.

I don't know much about Win 8 and never had a dedicated graphics card before, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I didn't know that, and I don't know i my rollback completely fixed it or not. Some of the updates "vanished" from the Win Update menu after they failed, and none of the ones that worked are listed as an update I can uninstall. :(

Back