Windows 8

here is another new feature:

System reset: allowing you to get back to factory settings :D

reset.jpg

Btw , ITS FAST! like logon is instantaneous.

its nice.

explorer is faster.

only complaint atm. FLASH ONLY WORKS ON INTERNET EXLORER. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i heard it is in beta, where can i get said win8 beta

(im running a mac, but i hope to get bootcamp running soon)

You can find the older beta builds pretty easily, not sure about this one; but it's been out for long enough for strange Israeli sites to pick up on. It's floating around somewhere I'm sure. The build btw is 7989 , I also have another 3 earlier builds haha,

You can find the older beta builds pretty easily, not sure about this one; but it's been out for long enough for strange Israeli sites to pick up on. It's floating around somewhere I'm sure. The build btw is 7989 , I also have another 3 earlier builds haha,
ok, how about pricing? does it cost money, if so, how much (im new to betas, Minecraft is my second game beta, and my second overall beta)

Wow...

Looks like they're finally catching up with OSX Panther :D

Just saying, mac was here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before.

Wow...

Looks like they're finally catching up with OSX Panther :D

Just saying, mac was here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before.
I didn't know macs had touch support... please do tell me more about your custom touchscreen mac build.

Pyrofiredelta said:
ok, how about pricing? does it cost money, if so, how much (im new to betas, Minecraft is my second game beta, and my second overall beta)

Lol. It's not open to the public , it's not really open to anyone- these betas are still really early. The ground work is done but there's still tones of little bugs. Plus compatibility isn't too great.

It's faster. MUCH faster. And there's something weird with the booting. It seems that when you press the off button quickly it will just send it to sleep rather than power off. However it goes to sleep within like 5 seconds, it wakes in like a second. Really nicely done.

Oh and alot of the zune ui stuff is still in like VGA resolution.

Early beta is early.

When I get my Hands on the next build I'll update this thread

Oh and I think I have some crazy Microsoft debugging tools that came with this build. It's like a gig of random applications in folders that have names like ERlm45EN and crap like that ^SO confused

Interesting how it boots up so quickly. Don't get too used to it though. The full version may not be that way.

I guess the operating system makes a recovery partition by default on the hard drive (where before it was specific to the computer manufacturer). This is nice. I can't tell you how many times I have saved a PC on its last leg by having to re upload the OS using OEM software and end up having to dig around for all the drivers. I wonder if it modifies the partition to adapt to new hardware and drivers.

Also flash only working on IE is obviously temporary. If you dig up a later version of the beta it might work with firefox, chrome etc....

It looks nice, but then again Vista looked nice but ended up being a pain in the ass.

Keep posting stuff you find

Back