• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Wont be on classic for awhile

PuRe2K12

As some of you know my laptop charger has been giving me alot of trouble and now after getting by with a half working charger for a month it finally died. I have been having an incredibly hard time finding a replacement charger. Not only does my charger no longer work, i think there also a problem with my charging port because it didnt always work when i tried to charge it

Since my Alienware is no longer under Warranty i cant just send it in to get fixed for cheap so, i dont know how much it would cost to fix. Because of that i may just decide to get a new computer. I am not looking for a top of the line gaming computer anymore. I just want a small laptop that can run minecraft classic with no fog and no lag.

As you may also know i have a 1.5mbps internet connection which is really slow and when we have 200+ players on i automatically disconnect. and when we have 140+ sometimes it takes 10 seconds to use a command.

That was on my alienware a i7 quadcore with 6 GB RAM. I am now on a 1 core 2.20 Ghz desktop with 4 GB RAM. On a classic server that has 5-20 people on it i get like 1-6 fps no fog and like 6-10 fps with one level of fog. Fog drives me nuts and i hate playing minecraft with fog.

So on my 1 core PC i will not be able play on team9000 nor effectively moderate the server. So until i get my laptop fixed or buy a new one. My run on minecraft classic with team9000 has come to an end.

Which makes me sad because after spending 7 months with this community i finally made it to awesome and could give back to the community.

So thanks to everyone who made my time here over the last 7 months so enjoyable, especially the Epic who gave me a chance to be engineer and awesome.

If i ever get a new laptop, i will be back :)

~PuRe2K12

You will be missed, you are a great friend to very many of us, Hope you get back soon :)

I hope to see you soon and i am sorry for the troubles with your computer. if this does end being the last time we play together than i am happy that we have some really great memories on here. thanks for being a great engineer and a even better Awesome. have fun.

That sucks...I had problems with my power cord several times. I swear I must've ordered at least 3 cords, went through them in a week or two, before finally getting my current one. My cords kept shorting out, blowing up, throwing sparks everywhere....Ahh, good times. :D
You may be able to get a spare powercord from amazon. Certainly cheaper than paying for a new computer.

Don't worry... He'll be back....

*looks to the horizon at Pure as he walks towards the setting sun*
*cue epic Western outro music*

I get back in a couple days, my brother terghan has a trashed alienware laptop. He may have the charger and if he does and it looks to fit yours, I'll send it to you. I'll let you know in a few days so keep an eye out

I had the same issue with my wife's laptop several months ago: the charger crapped out. I was worried it was the plug in the laptop itself that died, but I found a comparable model charger online for ~$25 and it works just fine. The laptop also had an expired warranty, so that's what I had to go with, since HP wouldn't help me out.

Back