Zakkon needs YOU to pick a TV for him!

After some searching on the interwebz, it seems that the closer I sit to the TV, the worse viewing experience I'll get. So with this in mind, I'll go ahead and say I sit maybe on average 1.5-2 meters from the TV I currently use. Now, with a bigger TV I might push it back another meter. Still, is a 50-inch, or maybe even 47-inch TV too big to have that close?

Never heard of it, so I doubt it. EDIT: Checked some webstores. None of them ever had any. It seems that Samsung, Philips, Panasonic and LG are running a TV cartel or something.

Anyways, I would love if anyone could confirm/deny if a bigger screen has less quality. It's the main thing confusing me right now.
depends.

the pixel density of a screen is what makes it look reallly good. so like a smaller 1080p screen will look better than a larger screen with the same resolution.

depends.

the pixel density of a screen is what makes it look reallly good. so like a smaller 1080p screen will look better than a larger screen with the same resolution.
Yes, I learned that from YouTube's fullscreen quality compared to the windowed quality. I don't like seeing pixels. What seems to be the biggest problem though (according to the internet), is that a bigger screen tends to have less of the color black, which might be handy to have incase you're viewing dark scenes. ;)
I'm currently tuned towards the 42-inch, becuase I'll be guaranteed a good quality. However, I want to be sure I'm not ignoring the bigger screens due to some misinterpreted rumors.

Yes, I learned that from YouTube's fullscreen quality compared to the windowed quality. I don't like seeing pixels. What seems to be the biggest problem though (according to the internet), is that a bigger screen tends to have less of the color black, which might be handy to have incase you're viewing dark scenes. ;)
I'm currently tuned towards the 42-inch, becuase I'll be guaranteed a good quality. However, I want to be sure I'm not ignoring the bigger screens due to some misinterpreted rumors.

40/42" is the ideal size for 1080p imo (for a tv) for a computer screen or close view I'd go for a 26" simply because you will get a better picture out of it. Also; for gaming I go for LED since it has much deeper contrast and blacks which make games/movies more immersive However you will be able to get close to that but cheaper by buying and lcd.

Mkay. Maybe 50-inch is a bit risky then. I'll still play games on the TV though, since my laptop screen is too small and too bright. That means I'm down to 2 candidates. It feels like 75% of me want's the 42-inch, becuase it's sure not to dissapoint me. The other 15% however want's the 47-inch, becuase I'm not sure if the picture quality will be as good. And besides, it doesn't even fit into my budget. :biggrin:

Mkay. Maybe 50-inch is a bit risky then. I'll still play games on the TV though, since my laptop screen is too small and too bright. That means I'm down to 2 candidates. It feels like 75% of me want's the 42-inch, becuase it's sure not to dissapoint me. The other 15% however want's the 47-inch, becuase I'm not sure if the picture quality will be as good. And besides, it doesn't even fit into my budget. :biggrin:
don't even get the 47" for your purposes.

Philips 42PFL4606H 42-inch LCD 100hz

is probably your best bet out of your choices.

edit: nvm. Jerzey is stupid.

I don't notice quality difference in a 32" to a 55" in the same class.

Smaller TVs have higher pixel density to keep the 1080p resolution, which IMO would just make text harder to read.

This. It has no name. It is 3D. Do not play FPS's on 3D, you will be sick for a few days. Be warned.
DSC_0055.jpg

Back