• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

ZayneMonster

ZayneMonster

I've been playing Minecraft via the iPad App for some now, but I recently decided to try out the PC version. Your server was the first server I joined, and I built the following this morning. It took around 3-4 hours to make, but it could have been nearly twice that size if I didn't have plans today. Sorry!

I hope you guys like it!

Description: A base/headquarters on the seafront

View from entrance:
screenshot_20120622154453.png

The base consists of 3 main complexes.

This is the main complex you see in the middle/left of the above photo:
screenshot_20120622155349.png

It has two main rooms that (currently) are bare, but can easily be converted to living quarters and/or storage. Another feature it has is an underground tunnel that leads to the seafront outpost.

Outpost:
screenshot_20120622155309.png

You can see the above (barely) in the middle/right of the first picture. It hangs over the sea, and utilizes it's proximity to the waters by housing two secret storage chambers accessible only be swimming through a hole in the underwater portion of the structure.

Here is the entrance:
screenshot_20120622155640.png

...and here is a look at one of the secret storage chambers:
screenshot_20120622155706.png

The last structure is a look out tower. There isn't much to it besides an internal spiral staircase with a small storage compartment hidden within it:

screenshot_20120622161804.png

Here are some better views of the base:

(from watch tower, looking down into the plaza):
screenshot_20120622155432.png

(aerial views):
screenshot_20120622155610.png

screenshot_20120622162623.png

Thanks for checking it out!​

Very good work. I can't believe you got that much skill from building on a touch screen with in my opinion awful controls. Keep up the great work and i hope to see you in the Cool worlds soon :laugh:

Very good work. I can't believe you got that much skill from building on a touch screen with in my opinion awful controls. Keep up the great work and i hope to see you in the Cool worlds soon :laugh:

People always say that I learn fast! Once you get used to the controls on the App, it gets easier to build. Of course, I only had the Lite version, so I wasn't able to build all the things I wanted to, but whatever. Anyway, thanks for the feedback! ^_^

People always say that I learn fast! Once you get used to the controls on the App, it gets easier to build. Of course, I only had the Lite version, so I wasn't able to build all the things I wanted to, but whatever. Anyway, thanks for the feedback! ^_^

No problem, it's always great to see new builders on Team 9000! Keep it up. :D

You haven't quite built enough to be promoted to the next rank, but keep up the good work! Feel free to continue posting your work to this thread, and we'll continue to review it over time.

Even though you haven't been promoted yet, keep in mind that it is our top priority to protect all of our user's creations safe from griefers. Even if you are only guest rank, we still try our best to keep the guest worlds clean and safe for everyone.

I'm really liking the design you've chosen for your house. The way you are putting windows in many parts of the house to let a lot of light in. Keep up the great work!! :thumbsup:

You haven't quite built enough to be promoted to the next rank, but keep up the good work! Feel free to continue posting your work to this thread, and we'll continue to review it over time.

Even though you haven't been promoted yet, keep in mind that it is our top priority to protect all of our user's creations safe from griefers. Even if you are only guest rank, we still try our best to keep the guest worlds clean and safe for everyone.

I figured I'd have to do more to get promoted, so no worries! I have the entire day ahead of me for building more for this thread :)

I'm really liking the design you've chosen for your house. The way you are putting windows in many parts of the house to let a lot of light in. Keep up the great work!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I really like incorporating windows in my designs. Not only do they provide natural lighting, but they can also provide a nice view of the world around the structure. :)

UPDATE:

I hunkered down today and built this little beauty on the server. It took my around 5 hours to complete, and it's possibly my largest construction to date. I hope you like it!

Description: Palace

Welcome to Monster Palace!

screenshot_20120624194839.png

The palace includes a small courtyard, a two-level interior, and twin two/three level towers that flank either side of the main structure.

This is a view on the courtyard:
screenshot_20120624194921.png

Two small chambers flank either side of the main pathway. Easy remodeling can convert them to into secret storage spaces and possibly even a secret escape route from the main palace complex.

screenshot_20120624195042.png

Just inside the main entrance, you come upon the first level of the interior:
screenshot_20120624195100.png

If you go straight forward in the above picture, you will arrive in an entertainment area complete with a stage and changing room:
screenshot_20120624195133.png

View from stage:
screenshot_20120624195146.png

Changing room:
screenshot_20120624195238.png

The changing room can double as a store room if necessary.

To the left of the main entrance, housed in the left tower is the throne room:
screenshot_20120624195213.png

In the right tower, you wil find the intricate staircase that leads to the multi-level remained of both towers:
screenshot_20120624195301.png

In the picture, you can only see the first of the steps in the left portion of the picture. The stairs continue to wind through the cobblestone structure, keeping to the outline of the tower.

View of the first hallway branching out from the room where the stairs lead to the left tower:
screenshot_20120624195322.png

In the left tower, this staircase leads the second level room and a hallway that leads to another room in the right tower:
screenshot_20120624195332.png

screenshot_20120624195342.png

screenshot_20120624195355.png

Towers can be easily modified to hold more rooms. In the above pictures, I stuck with only a single, two-story room due to time constraints. This goes for the right tower room as well.

I'm sorry I didn't get very good coverage of the structure, but I was taxed on time! Anyway, I'll leave you with a view more aerial views on the palace:

screenshot_20120624195517.png

screenshot_20120624195531.png

screenshot_20120624195547.png

screenshot_20120624194958.png

:)

wow amazing builds. can't wait to see more from you. these are awesome :)

happy building.

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be able to get promoted soon. I've seen some +Cool people use some pretty nifty tricks on the server (lava, water, etc), and I can't wait to get my hands on that. I'll finally be able to make water elevators! xD

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be able to get promoted soon. I've seen some +Cool people use some pretty nifty tricks on the server (lava, water, etc), and I can't wait to get my hands on that. I'll finally be able to make water elevators! xD
Until you get cool rank, which I'm sure will happen soon, feel free to ask anyone cool+ for water or lava they will almost always be happy help provide it for what ever it is you may need it for. :thumbsup:

Until you get cool rank, which I'm sure will happen soon, feel free to ask anyone cool+ for water or lava they will almost always be happy help provide it for what ever it is you may need it for. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know, but I like do all the building by myself, unless it's a team-planned idea. Call my stuck up, but I just like being the sole contributor to a project. After rereading that, I sound like a pompous windbag. What a perfect way to start out my stay here!

Zayne, needless to say but you got some awesome talented builds there.

I bet if you post one more epic build, you will get promoted instantly!

Amazing work, keep up the good work!

Fantastic work Zayne and I enjoy how descriptive you were in the app :)
User was promoted in-game by me.
Thread moved to the completed section of the forum.

Back