Is this a good trade? (TF2)

*sees topic title*

Does this need to have its own thread? Why isn't this in the trade section?

*sees content*

Yeah, this really deserves its own thread. No offense.

Can you seriously not check to see whether or not something is a real unusual or not?

/fail

Fox_news had the unusual. The first scam was the absurd amount of crap items that the other guy was trying to give fox_news for the insanely valuable unusual hat. The second scam was when he asked to borrow it for a minute just to try it on. Fox_news agreed, and then the guy ran off never to return with the hat, obviously. How someone would ever fall for either of these two scams simply astounds me.

/fail

Fox_news had the unusual. The first scam was the absurd amount of crap items that the other guy was trying to give fox_news for the insanely valuable unusual hat. The second scam was when he asked to borrow it for a minute just to try it on. Fox_news agreed, and then the guy ran off never to return with the hat, obviously. How someone would ever fall for either of these two scams simply astounds me.
From what tshin posted, it sounds as if fox_news attempted to get the hat back, by giving the guy his stuff back, and the guy gave him back some other hat that isn't worth anything.

And fox_news didn't bother to check to see if it was the same hat or not.

/fail

From what tshin posted, it sounds as if fox_news attempted to get the hat back, by giving the guy his stuff back, and the guy gave him back some other hat that isn't worth anything.

And fox_news didn't bother to check to see if it was the same hat or not.
Pretty much summed it up.

Seriously dude, there is always someone around that has trading experience. You may as well just give away free money tbh.

In future don't trade without consulting one of us BEFORE you accept the trade. ♥

Okay... You have NO idea how stupid this is.
Fox, do you have any screenshots of the chats you had with this person? ALSO tshin, that chat you had with him, did you possibly take any screenshots of that? If you did, I might either be able to get him to give the shit back, or I'll have him banned off every TF2 Trading server and also marked as a scammer.. I'm afraid if you don't have any proof, i can't really do much about it..

Fox, do you have any screenshots of the chats you had with this person? ALSO tshin, that chat you had with him, did you possibly take any screenshots of that? If you did, I might either be able to get him to give the shit back, or I'll have him banned off every TF2 Trading server and also marked as a scammer.. I'm afraid if you don't have any proof, i can't really do much about it..
i have a screen of the trade

I've seen this picture, but it isn't enough proof for any actions to take place. The picture basically looks as if the guy is sharking you, not scamming you. We can't really do much about sharks except shun them out of the trading community, and even then I don't think that would do much to this kid.

He told me he's using the account he scammed fox with as a shark account, and he's transferring it all to his main account.

Why is everyone considering this a scam? fox_news just got gibbed, but he did accept the trade didn't he?

This reminds me of that time my friend's Runescape account was hacked.

The guy told him that he'd give the account a membership and a couple million gold, if he got the password. My friend suspected he was going to get hacked, so he took some precautions.
He made the guy type the word "promise" into the chat 10 times, that he wouldn't hack the account. [collapse]Needless to say, he never got that account back.[/collapse]

This reminds me of that time my friend's Runescape account was hacked.

The guy told him that he'd give the account a membership and a couple million gold, if he got the password. My friend suspected he was going to get hacked, so he took some precautions.
He made the guy type the word "promise" into the chat 10 times, that he wouldn't hack the account. [collapse]Needless to say, he never got that account back.[/collapse]

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but saying "promise" 10 times proves nothing. It's his fault.

"scam - A dishonest scheme; a fraud."

By definition, this sounds like a scam.
Yeah, but this is TF2 trading, where the definition makes a big difference.

It could be said that this was just a really epic "shark" - "sharking" is where someone with knowledge about what things are worth trades someone who owns something valuable, and offers them something that's not worth it.
It's basically preying on lack of knowledge. Fox_news technically got sharked. However, he got sharked out of a very decent sum, more than is generally reasonable.
However, TF2 trading is more-or-less built on sharking. (As it where). So yeah.

I dunno.

But hot damn.

Valve hates me,
I've got no reward for the uncrates and time I've put in.

Back