• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

StTheo's Sort-Of-Ultra-Hardcore Tournament

StTheo

[collapse=Sort-Of-Ultra-Hardcore Mode]Ultra-Hardcore Mode:
No regeneration, healing can only come from eating golden apples or health potions.

Not-So-Ultra-Hardcore Mode:
Ultra-hardcore mode with regeneration beacons.

A-Bit-More-But-Still-Not-Ultra-Hardcore Mode:
Not-so-ultra-hardcore mode with team-owned ender crystals that ban their teams when broken.

Sort-Of-Ultra-Hardcore Mode:
A-bit-more-but-still-not-ultra-hardcore mode without any generated structures, so getting melon seeds for health potions will be a bit more difficult.[/collapse]
Myh2bJV.png

Basics
As stated above, each team will have an ender crystal (those things in the end that heal the dragon and blow up when damaged) to guard. This crystal will be invulnerable for the first hour to allow people to build their bases. When their crystal is destroyed, the team loses and gets banned. If a player is killed, they are banned. Players don't regen health like in normal Minecraft, unless they use a regeneration potion or are near a beacon of regeneration (currently each ender crystal has one underneath it).

Map
CM93wvW.png

Prize
$150 will be spread evenly to the winning team via emailing gift certificates (no physical gift certificates - I don't want to ask for or know people's real-life addresses, because that's creepy, and also I'm lazy) of each of the members of the winning team's choosing. For example, two people on the winning team of 3 could get Amazon gift cards, and one could get an iTunes gift card. Any server that uses Minecraft 1.5 or higher as the core version can use the scoreboard to make a player's name a different color, so any Team9000 servers that would like to display tournament winners can do so with a few simple commands that I'll provide once the tournament is complete.

Date
Saturday, March 29th, at 2:00 P.M. Central Time.

Teams
There will be four teams of 3 members each. The size can expand if more people join up.

• Unnamed:
  • The bucket hat Pirates:
    • Anaxo
    • filtershark
    • sobafoc01
  • Moyasu:
    • Kris19642
    • MotorKat
    • vesh_vw
  • Hellspawn:
    • TheGurw
    • _XxXREBOXxX_
    • Cheese7710
  • Players needing teams:
    • Io_Reign?
    • Ustulo?

If you want to play, please answer the following questions:
  1. In-game name
  2. Team or Solo
  3. If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name

I suggest the prize to be a pat on the back and your picture on the refrigerator door until you're old enough to leave the house where it will be promptly put into the memory box in the attic to collect dust.

I would say 3 is a good size for teams.

I'd like to be on the purple team, and I hereby declare my potential teammates and I to be the Hellspawn.

This sounds hella cool, and I'd love to join; but I can't play this weekend, next weekend, and I /could/ play the weekend after that. But everyone knows how I can never stay for something for more than 15 minutes. So sorry theo. I'd love to play though. =)

Hooray! Oh, as for dates free: so long as I know a couple days in advance, I can be free for any of them. Preferably this weekend or three weeks after that (the later date might be better to allow participants to book the day off.

In-game name: Pyrhos
Team or Solo: Team, preferably the blue team.
If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name A team name? Elitists
Dates free: This weekend (7th, 8th, or 9th), next Friday night (14th) or Sunday (16th), or the following weekend (21st, 22nd, or 23rd): I'm free the 14th for something like this.
(Optional) Your opinion on team size restrictions - what they should be, or if we should have them. I reserve the right to ignore popular answers if given good enough reasons.:I think a team should have no more than 4 people, I did enjoy GUHC with the 3, but 4 will allow more people to be with a team.

In-game name: Kris19642
Team or Solo: Team, red team if possible.
If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name: (Idon'tevenknow, let someone else choose) But if I must, "Moyasu"
Dates free: This weekend (7th, 8th, or 9th), next Friday night (14th) or Sunday (16th), or the following weekend (21st, 22nd, or 23rd)
This weekend is best for me.
(Optional) Your opinion on team size restrictions - what they should be, or if we should have them. I reserve the right to ignore popular answers if given good enough reasons. 3 or 4.

In-game name: Pyrhos
Team or Solo: Team, preferably the blue team.
If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name A team name? Elitists
Dates free: This weekend (7th, 8th, or 9th), next Friday night (14th) or Sunday (16th), or the following weekend (21st, 22nd, or 23rd): I'm free the 14th for something like this.
(Optional) Your opinion on team size restrictions - what they should be, or if we should have them. I reserve the right to ignore popular answers if given good enough reasons.:I think a team should have no more than 4 people, I did enjoy GUHC with the 3, but 4 will allow more people to be with a team.
Done
In-game name: Kris19642
Team or Solo: Team, red team if possible.
If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name: (Idon'tevenknow, let someone else choose) But if I must, "Moyasu"
Dates free: This weekend (7th, 8th, or 9th), next Friday night (14th) or Sunday (16th), or the following weekend (21st, 22nd, or 23rd)
This weekend is best for me.
(Optional) Your opinion on team size restrictions - what they should be, or if we should have them. I reserve the right to ignore popular answers if given good enough reasons. 3 or 4.
Done

In-game name: mightythedj23
Team or Solo: dude team
If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name: Green; " The bucket hat Pirates"
(Optional) Your opinion on team size restrictions - what they should be, or if we should have them. I reserve the right to ignore popular answers if given good enough reasons.

Not this weekend, but next friday and saturday i'm off.

In-game name: mightythedj23
Team or Solo: dude team
If team, then either new team name & unused color or existing team name: Green; " The bucket hat Pirates"
(Optional) Your opinion on team size restrictions - what they should be, or if we should have them. I reserve the right to ignore popular answers if given good enough reasons.

Not this weekend, but next friday and saturday i'm off.
Done.

lacar1601
Team
With Gurw's permission, I would like to join the Hellspawn.
Anytime 8th, 9th, 14th, and 16th, but not 21st, not 22nd, not 23rd. Please let me know ASAP on date and time.

Teams should be balanced so that no team can overwhelm another's base through sheer numbers.

(posting this now to show i'm interested, will update when i'm more sure of the schedule on my end)

lacar1601
Team
Anytime 8th, 9th, 14th, and 16th, but not 21st, not 22nd, not 23rd. Please let me know ASAP on date and time.

Teams should be balanced so that no team can overwhelm another's base through sheer numbers.
Welcome to the Nether :D

lacar1601
Team

Done. I'm starting to think that next Friday should be the date. Is this a problem for anyone already registered?

Done. I'm starting to think that next Friday should be the date. Is this a problem for anyone already registered?
Friday will be, but Saturday or Sunday will not. I'll be on a bus on Friday until long after the game would likely start.

Back