General Anime Discussion Thread

So, my order finally arrived, and let me say this; It is undoubtedly glorious!

First I saw this mysterious package:
View attachment 144862
Then through the use of a magical device known only as a "Box Cutter", I opened the package to find a marvelous site:
View attachment 144863
But wait, there's more!
View attachment 144864
Princess Tutu... I enjoy this
ec71c62d6a15d3578118d31576c93c101333958092_full.jpg

So Samurai Champloo has started its run on Toonami, I'm one episode in and I'm wondering what took me so long to actually watch it...

strange how nobody has posted this yet
7+years+after+7+long+years+guts+and+co+finally_450880_5750762.jpg

or am I the only one here who still pays attention to Berserk
What's weird is no one has posted this yet

So Samurai Champloo has started its run on Toonami, I'm one episode in and I'm wondering what took me so long to actually watch it...

What's weird is no one has posted this yet

Speaking of Berserk.....

Guts FINALLY gets off of the fucking boat, and Miura goes on hiatus again. It's as bad as Togashi with HxH and Inoue with Vagabond.

At least we're getting a new anime adaption.

Except its almost as if we aren't..

Hope you like CGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hey now, it's better than nothing.

If you want really bad CGI, watch the first episode of Kingdom. The anime/manga is great, but my god the animation is shit. It's comparable to the feeling one has of pouring bleach into one's eyes. Berserk can't be that bad (touch wood).

Except its almost as if we aren't..

Hope you like CGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Miura will always create anime on the budget of potato chips even though Berserk fans would pay greatly for decent animation. Aww well maybe we will get an actual adaptation of Berserk like the anime instead of a "best of" movie series like last time. I want a Falcon of the Millennium series damnit.

I just watched Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai today at my friends house. That movie was fucking great, especially because we found out by complete accident without any prior knowledge about it at all.

I just watched Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai today at my friends house. That movie was fucking great, especially because we found out by complete accident without any prior knowledge about it at all.

You should, uh, give Garzy's Wing a try with your friend. English Dubbed, whilst under the effects of Alcohol. It's an experience, one not easily forgotten.

Just watched the first part of Kizumonogatari in theater. I have to say it was refreshing to see monogatari back to full strength. Animation was remarkable and the characters were entertaining as always. Shaft/Aniplex still making me wait until the summer to see part 2!!! Regardless, it was very awesome and Shinobu being my favorite monogatari character helped that tremendously.

I wish we could discuss about one anime for at least one post before going on to the next one.

My current favorite is : Hunter x Hunter

While strangely the first few episodes make it seem like a very light hearted anime where nothing could go wrong.. things can go very wrong, and get real ugly. It's a very riveting anime that's just a good all-rounder where the character have really developed personalities and there's even some commentary about inequality in the human race. It's both magical and grounded in reality at the same time, which I can't get enough off.

Fav character : Knuckle

Least fav : Ging

I'll explain why if someone tells me how great/sucky/meh the show is.

Back